+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default I have a confession and i feel terrible :(

So i am 12 weeks today.
    And im ashamed to say i havent been able to give up V. i have had about 4 this pregnancy, i gave it up completly with dd1 but it just gives me a little jolt in the afternoon at work to finish the day.

I have been so sick too, and it seems to be something i can keep down.
    I havent had any coffee whatsoever its the only caffeine im getting but i dont know if i could really hurt myself

Im also on zofran tabs and having 2 a day, theyre a catagory B drug and everyone is making me feel bad for taking them.
    I just feel bad because im not looking after myself as much this time but im really hating being pregnant and sick and having no energy, i feel like this baby is killing me

I cant stop working as hubby lost his job last week so we need everything we can get to pay ob fees and bills until he gets another job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs puppy guts!! 4 cans of V isn't that bad! It's not like you're still smoking of drinking or anything!!! I wasn't able to give up coffee, I still have one a day, and you have given that up entirely!

Dont be so hard on yourself, particularly when you're so sick and carrying so much responsibility. Try and cut down as much as you can and I'm sure your little bean is fine

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Artful For This Useful Post:

PuppyGuts  (30-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a few Vs second time around too.

Also had far more coke than the first time.

Feel happy that you are not alone in your guilt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

If you have only had 4 cans of V across a 12 week period then I think it's unlikely you would have done any harm.

My understanding is that Zofran is a drug used to treat nausea, and that it's not been shown to have a harmful effect in pregnancy (although I believe it hasn't been shown to be 'safe' either - if that makes sense). Was it prescribed by your dr for the morning sickness?

Hopefully the sickness will start to subside soon. In the mean time, it doesn't sound to me as if you are doing anything too bad. If the Zofran wasn't prescribed, then I would check with the GP before continuing with it.

The V gives a big caffeine hit in one go, so maybe try to space it out if you do have one. But if they are that infrequent, then I wouldn't be too hard on yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, when i have had them im nursing them for a couple hours, not just skulling in one go. But a girl at work made me feel like i had clubbed a baby seal to death.

The zofran is getting prescribed, i didnt even know it exsisted, couldve kissed my Dr!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh I feel your pain!! I used to drink cans of redbull every day before I fell pregnant. I crave it every single day!! I want one allll the time!! The taste, oh gosh, it's just so nice, and I KNOW it will help with my morning sickness because I caved when I was 13 weeks and had half a can! I felt so much better, even if it was for just a short time.

4 cans of V isn't that bad at all hun...its not like you are drinking cans of the stuff every day. I wouldn't feel guilty at 4 cans at all.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    for shame!

no really. its not like u smoked 4 crack pipes.

it will be fine

i hope u start to feel better soon

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (30-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post
    a girl at work made me feel like i had clubbed a baby seal to death.
    Unfortunately people seem to do that throughout the pregnancy for all kinds of things. A guy did that to me when I was eating sushi while pregnant. It's as if you become public property, and everyone feels like they have the right to tell you what to do/ what not to do.

I'd try not to take it to heart. If your dr prescribed the drugs then he/she knows better than anyone else. And nursing 4 cans of V across a 12 week period doesn't sound too bad at all. Lots of people who cut down on tea/ coffee when pregnant have more caffeine than that. I cut down from my usual million cups per day to only 3, and I thought I was doing awesomely!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am so addicted to redbull, I have at least 1 a day without fail!

I am ADDICTED! It is a serious addiction so I think your doing an amazing job. The thought of quitting makes me sick!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly, I think you've got NOTHING to feel bad about.

Yes, it's recommended that you limit caffeine when pregnant. Even if you were having a can of V a day, you wouldn't be anywhere near the maximum recommended for pregnant women. I can't be bothered getting the booklet at the moment...but it's significantly more per day than the 30mg that V has.

Secondly, I'm also taking ondansetron (same as Zofran). I've been taking it since about 10 weeks. Am 19 weeks now and am still taking it.
    Yes, it's category B1. That, by the way, means that all clinical trials in humans have found no increased risk to humans. Also no evidence of increased risk with animals. It's not a perfectly "safe" drug. However, it's been used for about 20 years now to treat nausea and vomiting in pregnant women, and there is NO evidence to suggest any harm. Don't forget, your doctor prescribed it, and YOU know whether you need it, not other people. The last doctor I saw was quite adamant that I should still be taking it if I felt I need it, as I'd otherwise probably be in hospital on an IV - much worse for bub. As it is, I can eat healthy and actually keep fluids down, not to mention how much better I feel.

In short - don't feel bad. You're pregnant, not on life support. What risks you choose to take are up to you. And these two? VERY minor.
    Last edited by Renn; 30-04-2012 at 17:10.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

MamaC  (30-04-2012),MrJones&Me  (30-04-2012),PuppyGuts  (30-04-2012)