+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Yorkshire Pudding

Can someone please describe to me what they are, how they taste and what the texture should be.

Ok in short it's all I hear of late and SO I really want to taste them but have no English cooking friends ......so I just made them but feel quite unfulfilled as I don't know what to compare them to or how they should taste. Don't get me wrong they are nice but I don't even know if they are completely wrong or right.

I did a quick google and mine definitely don't look the part. How do they get them so neat with a hole in the middle?

Any tips? Tell me about Yorkshire Pudding and Gravy - yummmm!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    They taste delicious!! They are like a similar recipe to pancake but if cooked properly are light and fluffy in the middle and kind of crunchy on the outside. Honestly I never had hem until I met my ex H .. He was English. Now I cook them myself ... You've totally made me want one now!!

I've been known to make a giant one and fill it with chicken and homemade gravy OMG to die for

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (30-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    lol yummy! im English i make them all the time. they should be nice and crunchy on the outside and really light in the middle. the oil has to be sizzling hot before adding the batter mix, i always serve mine with a very rich English style gravy made with meat juices red wine etc

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KillerHeels For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (30-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm ok so I think I did it then and they were yummy!

So hard craving something you be never tasted before ha!!

Hey theboys&me and killerheals if you guys and when you guys make them next please send me a pic I must compare. You guys are def not seeing mine from today haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i made some the other night and actually took a pic to send to my English friend...

Sent from my GT-I9100 usiuploadfromtaptalk1335761007000.jpgng BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerHeels View Post
    i made some the other night and actually took a pic to send to my English friend...

Sent from my GT-I9100 usiAttachment 21594ng BubHub
    Omg - ok mine we're not the same lol
    Now how did you get them so fat with a hole in the middle? Do you fill the batter to the top of tin? Ohhh yours a beautiful. Wish you were my English friend haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Theboys&me how do you do a big one? Would love to see that! You don't surprise me though the kitchen is your forte..

Thanks
    Reviews
    for a big one you just use a big roasting tin with the same mix. you need to get lots of air in the mixture and the tin and oil really hot. il grab my recipe and send it tp you its such an easy one you can't go wrong

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KillerHeels For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (30-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Love them!! My mate makes them for us when we have dinner there... I could eat a plateful of them wih gravy. Stuff the meat and vege

13. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (30-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Killerheals yumm thank you. Xxxx