+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bambino is offline Autistic Today, My Genius Tomorrow
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Depo.....Convince Me!

Because I'm sick of taking the pill.
    I've been on Loette for about 5 years now.
    I've experienced hair loss, hellish mood swings, no libido blah blah.

So tell me about your pros and cons while being on Depo?
    Everything from cost, convenience, side effects etc......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    pros 1 needle every 3 months, Cheep cant remember what $ but not much.
    Cons, took 2 years to fall pregnant after going off it, weight gain, mood swings.
    cant think of anything else right now

jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Thanks
    Reviews
    As PP has said... Pro not having to do it often...

Massiva con - I gained weight like crazy (went from size 10 to size 14 in only a few months), bad mood swings and I was off contraception for 3 years without falling pregnant... Not 100% sure how much of that was related to depo, but who knows...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by lolly137; 17-09-2015 at 20:12.

bambino is offline Autistic Today, My Genius Tomorrow
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not too worried about TTC as DH and I have no immediate or future plans for another baby.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Never Again

Depo was the worst thing I have ever taken. I was on it for 18mths and loved it while on it - no periods made it a very good thing. Coming off it was a different story. I had tremors, vertigo, severe nausea and insane mood swings. For me, my last injection was June 11' got my first post depo period in Jan 12' and am still having difficulty getting back to a normal cycle. TTC since coming off it and it is heart breaking. My OBGYN said it takes between 12-18mths to 'detox' from it...

I know that everyone reacts differently but there are better products out there... It is absolute poison and i wish I took the one pill a day instead of the 11 I take now (liver detox, evening primrose oil and pre conception).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I LOVE the depo!!! I started having it when I was 15/16 and never had a side effect. If anything it improved everything. I had no AF, my moods were more stable, no weight gain, my skin cleared up.... It was brilliant. I stopping having it in July 06 and was pregnant 3 months later. Started having it again after DD1 was born, continued having it until July 09, and again was pregnant 3 months later. I swear by it now. I will be getting it again after this baby is born. I stopped having it and went to the implanon just for the convenience of not having to go to the dr every 3 months but will definitely be going back to the depo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I LOVE the depo!!! I started having it when I was 15/16 and never had a side effect. If anything it improved everything. I had no AF, my moods were more stable, no weight gain, my skin cleared up.... It was brilliant. I stopping having it in July 06 and was pregnant 3 months later. Started having it again after DD1 was born, continued having it until July 09, and again was pregnant 3 months later. I swear by it now. I will be getting it again after this baby is born. I stopped having it and went to the implanon just for the convenience of not having to go to the dr every 3 months but will definitely be going back to the depo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have been on it for the past 12 months have gone off purely because it can cause brittle bones and I have arthritis in the family.i had no side effects

Thanks
    Reviews
    After falling pregnant on the pill twice (logynon and levelen) and getting sick of taking the pill each day I decided to give the Depo a go.
    Didnt like it at all. Had my shot in Oct/Nov last year and I bled a lot, gained weight, had really bad mood swings, my skin broke out and got lots of headaches.
    I'll never go back on it again.
    I talked to friends who were on the Depo before I got it and they said they didn't get their periods or gain any weight. It's different for everyone.
    Last edited by Cromo; 07-06-2012 at 09:52.