+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yayy, so happy to hear you had a good result. So excited you got to find out the sex as well….

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just wanted to say good luck, ladies,I know how awful the waiting and not knowing, is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi screevey
    Good luck with the amio. Thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you!

It all went pretty well. Wont have results until Monday or Tuesday but the ultrasound showed no anatomy abnormalities at all so that is one bonus! It was a bit scary but not too bad. They ultrasound you first and take some measurements then the doctor comes in, loaded my belly with betadine, checked the placenta position and found a safe spot to go it. I had to hold my hands tight at the top of my belly, pulling my stomach muscles tight and then i just closed my eyes ha! The needle felt like it was going all the way through to my spine! it hurt more on the way out but it was all over in about a minute. Was fairly crampy yesterday but just laid on the lounge watching the rest of the Revenge series i had down loaded and had my husband cook me dinner and look after our 2 year old. This morning i have no pain, got another day off work so just going to make the most of it and chill!!

I'll let you know how my results go - we head to Bali on Monday so prob wont be till the week after. Thank you for your thoughts x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got the first amio results. Positive for trisomy 21. They also think there will be other abnormalities. Babies brain was below 5th percentile and so were all other measurements taken. We are gutted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sandfairysam...I don't know what to say ..so very,very sorry

sjcreevey...Glad to hear your amnio went well,good luck with the results

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so so sorry. Have you and your partner thought about what you might do in this situation? I can't begin to imagine what you're going through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sandfairysam, I'm so sorry to hear you've had upsetting results.
    I know obviously your bub may have more issues than just t21, but if I can give you any info about parenting a child with Ds, please feel free to pm me.
    Hugs to you and your family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh sandfairysam how heartbreaking! I am so sorry and can't imagine how hard this must be on you and your husband. Did they notice the brain in the ultrasound or tell you on the phone? Does the brain effect the severity of downs? My uncle has downs and is pretty limited in what he can do, he lives with full time carers as my grandparent have died and stays with my parents some weekends. He can only say a few words and doesn't do a lot, I have seen some DS who seem to be very capable (like that girl on glee) and seem to have good brain function. Unfortunately my uncle is not one of them.

What ever your decision, we understand you'll be doing what ever is best for you, the baby and your family x

AFM the doc called with my prelim results and they were 'inconclusive' wtf! He just said the sample they used to do the prelim testing didn't work! And I'll have to wait two weeks for the full results - if they worked! I can't believe I have to wait again. I don't know what happens if the other results didn't work either? Do I do the test again? Oh well just means more waiting and I'm getting use to doing that!

Sending you lots of love sandfairysam, keep us posted on your decision xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello. Saw the genetics dr yesterday who has said that the placenta is also failing and that if the results by some fluke do come back with a different answer (I was also told that they have been doing this for many many years and have never had that happen) then the baby will likely die in utero and they don't expect her to live beyond 28 weeks and will therefore likely die soon after birth.
    The measurements taken were done at the time of the amio but the occipital frontal diameter is on the first percentile ie almost non existent. The baby is starving to death but they still want me to wait for the full results next week. I think they just want us to come to terms with the diagnosis before making a final decision.
    Sjcreevey, I am sorry you are having to wait again. I just hope your news is better and more positive than mine. Good luck.