Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you silentrockfaery!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rockett

Sorry to hear about your high results, have you had the amnio yet?? WIshing you the best of luck!

I have just got my results, 1 in 19 the doctors just said for downs syndrome so i am not sure about the other ones you spoke about. I was in a bit of shock so didnt ask much on the phone. I glanced at the paper work when they were doing it and noticed 2.1mm im guessing that is the thickness, but the doctor said the NT was 'a bit thick and my hormones are a bit funny"??? i wish i asked more questions but i dont know what to ask. Do you ladies know what they are looking for with the blood test?
    Also what is a CVS? My doc just said i will need to have a amnio in a few weeks. The wait is going to kill me. This baby is our 2nd through IVF and has been a rollercoaster from the start! We only retrieved 3 eggs, then my hormone levels were low and slow rising the whole time so they said prepare for a miscarriage. But we made it through to 12 weeks and when i saw the heart beat again yesterday i was elated!! But now have crashed back down to earth. I am 28 husband 30 and i have an uncle with Downs but my nanna was over 40 when she had him.

Let me know how you go and wishing you the best of luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sjcreevey For This Useful Post:

Rockett  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sjcreevey View Post
    Hi Rockett

Sorry to hear about your high results, have you had the amnio yet?? WIshing you the best of luck!

I have just got my results, 1 in 19 the doctors just said for downs syndrome so i am not sure about the other ones you spoke about. I was in a bit of shock so didnt ask much on the phone. I glanced at the paper work when they were doing it and noticed 2.1mm im guessing that is the thickness, but the doctor said the NT was 'a bit thick and my hormones are a bit funny"??? i wish i asked more questions but i dont know what to ask. Do you ladies know what they are looking for with the blood test?
    Also what is a CVS? My doc just said i will need to have a amnio in a few weeks. The wait is going to kill me. This baby is our 2nd through IVF and has been a rollercoaster from the start! We only retrieved 3 eggs, then my hormone levels were low and slow rising the whole time so they said prepare for a miscarriage. But we made it through to 12 weeks and when i saw the heart beat again yesterday i was elated!! But now have crashed back down to earth. I am 28 husband 30 and i have an uncle with Downs but my nanna was over 40 when she had him.

Let me know how you go and wishing you the best of luck!
    Hi, sorry to hear about your results, but I am sure your baby is just fine.

CVS is chorionic villus sampling. They take a tiny bit of the placenta through biopsy and test the DNA in it to determine if the baby has any chromosomal abnormalities.

I hope everything goes well, and I'm certainly sending some positive vibes your way!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMummy For This Useful Post:

sjcreevey  (17-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info on CVS. I spoke with my doctor yesterday and he says im too far for the CVS - he said it should be done around 10 weeks? But i have read otherwise. Anyway, i asked for more details on my results and turns out its my PAPP-A results that are a bit alarming, they are .17 MoM and should be 1, and my HCG is also a bit low with .6 rather than 1. So i read a high HCG and low PAPP-A indicates Downs so that has given me a bit of relief considering the neck was 2.1mm which is still within normal ranges and the nose, bowel and heart all appeared fine on the scan. PAPP-A can mean the placenta is not performing as it should and that the baby is not getting enough nutrients and can lead to early labour etc, however there are many incidences with women with low PAPP-A who deliver healthy full term babies. My doc also said it will mean they will closely monitor me in the last trimester. So i am staying positive!
    I have to book in for my Amnio which will be during 4th - 8th June so i will let you know how i go, and please let us know how you girls go.

Good Luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you sjcreevey I had my amnio early yesterday morning,and was told I probably wouldn't get the FISH results until Monday some time....well,at 5.40pm today I got the call....I'm very happy to say that the results came back clear!!

The relief I am feeling is indescribable..I've known for 3 weeks that there could be something wrong,and the waiting and not knowing was truly awful....I feel as though a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders,and I've smiled for the first time in 3 weeks. I feel I can finally start to enjoy the pregnancy and bond with my baby We also found out what the sex is but we haven't yet told family.

Though we still have to wait the 2 weeks for the full results,I am confident that all is well. Thank you all for your concern and best wishes,it meant a lot

sjcreevey,I understand exactly the shock you must have felt when you found out your risk results...so sorry,I know how you must be feeling I too was too shocked to ask many questions. I'm not sure what my papp levels were,but it was my age (37) and the nuchal fold (2.9mm) apparently, that put my risk so high.

Please let us know how you go with your amnio....will be thinking of you and sending my best wishes your way. Try not to Google too much,I nearly drove myself batty doing that! Good luck!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rockett For This Useful Post:

angenrod  (19-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rockett - It's great to hear that you've landed on the big side of your odds. Congratulations!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

Rockett  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so pleased for your good results. Enjoy your pregnancy!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMummy For This Useful Post:

Rockett  (19-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! I will!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sjceeevey- my papp-a was .07 so I know exactly how u feel. Just to offer u some hope, I'm currently 25 weeks and do far everything is looking good. I have fortnightly scans and have done so since week 13. I would request from your Ob, that u do the same.

Rocket- very happy to hear u have good news finally!!! Enjoy your pregnancy and praise God all is good!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to angenrod For This Useful Post:

Rockett  (19-05-2012)