+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Gro clocks or similar...

Who has one for their toddler and does it work? What age is it most effective?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babylove81 For This Useful Post:

IncyWincy  (02-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just got one of these for my 2.5yo dd2. She has been waking earlier and earlier lately and has just discovered that she can get off the bed, open the door and walk to mummy and daddy's room instead of waiting for someone to come and get her in the morning. So far I gave had success with her afternoon naps and she'll stay in bed until the sun comes up in her clock. But in the morning she's still getting up at 6am instead of the 7am time I have set the clock for. She seems to understand the concept of the star for sleeptime and the sun for waking up when I talk to her about it so l'll see how she goes, it's only been a couple of days.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nemmy For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (30-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My sister and friends use monkeys eyes open and they swear it changed their lives. The kids do not get up before monkeys eyes are open full stop. It took training. Go for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had been meaning to get one of these, but didn't get around to it.

What we ended up doing instead is getting a timer switch, and putting a night light in. The light goes on at 7pm (bedtime), and off at 7am (DS calls out to us when it goes off - "Light goes off and it's UP TIME!"). We also have it for afternoon nap time, so it goes on at 12.30, off at 3.00pm. DS is 2yrs 8months, and we've used this for 6 months or so. Works great - he was getting up earlier and earlier going into the summer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD1 has had a gro clock since 2.5 when she went into a bed.
    its works a charm with her and she know she is not to come out of her room till she sun is on the clock.

she got used to it very quickly and we'll be buying a 2nd one for DD2 when she goes into a bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Doesn't work for our ds. He is 2.5 we tell him that the sun isn't up yet, and he pulls back the blind, while holding the clock, and says "the sun's up"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have had one for dd for about 18 months but it doesn't work for us! She says the last star takes too long to go :-) it's good as a night light, but a very expensive one! Have tried everything, star charts, etc to get her to stay in her room until the sun comes up but nothing works. Now that I have a 5 wk old who is always awake early I can't see it ever working for dd. only thing is she's up so early and is so tired by late arvo and then in a foul mood!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 4.5yr old DD has had one since she was about 3 and it has worked great! I got one for my son also when he was 2 not sure if he was too young but it has worked great for him to. Their clocks are set for a 7:00 sun and they have roller shutters in their room so even in the mornings it's very dark in their rooms and you wouldn't know it was morning hence the need for the clocks! We even take them to our holiday house as its bright there in the mornings and if we didnt my son would be up and raring to go super early! They both know it's not time to get up yet until the sun is on the clock. My son who is now almost 2.5yrs sometimes still wakes before 7 and calls out but we go in and remind him he has to wait for the sun and he is fine with that. He used to wake around 5:30-6 every day and constantly call out and not go back to sleep. When we say goodnight to him now he replies "night...see you in the morning when sun on clock"!
    I would highly recommend them (and already have to many of my friends) they have certainly worked wonders in our house and quite quicker than Ive expected to.