+ Reply to Thread
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default EWCM vs OPK

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what they think of this.

I have PCOS, my cycles generally run at about 33-35 days but last month was 29. So this cycle I am keeping an eye out for ovulation by using OPKs, but also checking for EWCM. My OPKs are internet cheapies and last cycle I only got a couple of faint lines and so far this cycle I have not had any line, but I have had some EWCM, and yesterday I had some pain low down and my breasts were a bit tingly.

Would you be more inclined to trust EWCM or the OPK? I am also wondering if perhaps my body was trying to ovulate but my hormone levels aren't high enough? Stoopid body.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bumpy bump

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Id go from what your body is trying to tell you. I also have pcos and have just recently discovered that i get a pain on the side of the ovary that is releasing for a few hours - so much that it hurts to sit down. A day or two before this my nipples seem to be so sensitive and are constantly pointy!! I dont get a lot of ewcm, but its definitely the right time ( just had confirmation from the fs that i did o when this happened) ive never ever had a positive opk - but just do what you think is right for you. My fs also said not to bother with temp charting!! I def think my body tells me better than any test!

Just my opinion though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Shackles, I think that I am more inclined to believe the ewcm, but this infertility business makes me feel really uncertain of my own body. If it was ovulation we at least got our timing pretty spot on so .

I tried taking my temps for a week years ago but I am not very good at it so I gave up. I'm just hoping we can get a bfp on our own to save the expense of a fs.

Good luck on your ttc journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can ask your gp to send you for a blood test after you think you have o'd - may be a cheaper option for you.