+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    From the short article provided, it doesn't sound like the individual claimants are financially motivated, as they will individually likely only see a very small return.

I think class actions can play a useful role in society, being consumer protection. Ideally, governments should play that role, but they do not always have the financial resources, or the interest.

Look at the overdraw and other fees charged by banks. For years these were well in excess of what it actually cost the banks, and often affected people who could least afford it. The government just let the banks run riot for years, so why shouln't somebody bring them to account through a class action? The other argument is that the only people who will make money are the lawyers and the litigation funder. That might be the case, but at least it's helping to curb the behaviour of predatory banks and other large corporations.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (30-04-2012),share a book  (30-04-2012),WorkingClassMum  (30-04-2012)

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Thay say it is nutritious, it is not.
    I disagree. They are saying it can be part of a nutritious breakfast. It may be the crap part and the rest is the nutritious part, but it is still a part.

I don't see it as being that bad. All spreads are pretty unhealthy. Vegemite is full of salt, jam and honey are basically all sugar and peanut butter is high fat. The peanut butter is possibly the best choice, and better than nutella, but none are fantastic. However they can all form part of a nutritious diet.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Opinionated For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (30-04-2012),VicPark  (30-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think good on this woman. The fact is, on bubhub we are all relatively literate and intelligent and critical thinkers. I can guarantee there would be people out there stupid enough to believe that nutella for breakfast is healthy because the ad promotes it as such. It is very irresponsible of Ferrero to advertise it in such a misleading way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And we have Cookie Monster telling us that cookies 'are a sometimes food'

When I was a kid, I had oatmeal or weetbix through the week or dad would make us these smoothie things and then Saturday it was usually Nutella and banana on toast, Frosty Flakes or Fruit Loops or a slice of cake or sweet pie mum had made for Friday nights desert which I saved for brekky and cartoons.

This was my treat and I will work the same way with my kids. No sugary drinks in the house and snacks are fruit, celery and peanut butter or vitaweets with Vegemite.

Nutella isn't evil (unless your allergic) no food is bad, you just need to be responsible and I'm tired of these people who want the responsibility in someone else's hands.

Maybe they should move back in with their mums!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bohogirls For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (05-05-2012),VicPark  (30-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Am I the only one that noticed the 2 tablespoon "average serve" how thick are they spreading this stuff?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trillianx For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (05-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    She'll lose anyway. One person against Ferrerro? Ha! No way.

If anyone seriously believes chocolate spread is healthy they are clearly insane! I eat it sometimes and it's nice, but I'm not under any delusions that it's like eating a bowl of fruit or something because 'the ad said so'.
    Reminds me of that fuss about coco pops years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We buy the oxfam fair trade hazelnut spread on occasion, it tastes nice, my daughter enjoys it. I'm certainly not giving her a thick spread of it. It's a treat. There aren't a lot of choices for breakfast for kids that aren't full of sugar.