+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    This might be a topic for another thread but I was having a giggle at the safety warning on katelyn's carrier saying not to run the carrier into stuff. Umm... Yeah.. Sure....

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    This might be a topic for another thread but I was having a giggle at the safety warning on katelyn's carrier saying not to run the carrier into stuff. Umm... Yeah.. Sure....
    Haha, that just makes me think of The Hangover

Worse is, thinking someone might have run into sth and blamed the company for it lol...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky2006 View Post
    Haha, that just makes me think of The Hangover

Worse is, thinking someone might have run into sth and blamed the company for it lol...
    Yeah - like when I ran into a safety gate with jasper I blamed myself. Lol. Oh but I also made the wrap so I guess the only one to blame was the gate manufacturer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The mother isn't making huge profit. A company has been taken to task over false advertising, which is what this is.

I have made phone calls and written letters to coles online over a particular issue which they acknowlege but have not fixed. Wish I had the time, energy and money to take it further.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think this woman will be lucky if she receives a few dollars after court fees etc. There is no reason for us to think she's stupid nor that she even thought Nutella was healthy - it said she was shocked that it was being advertised as being healthy (so I assume she thought it was obvious that it's NOT healthy).

Totally different to adding disclaimers to foods such as 'this is hot', this was false advertising, not leaving a safety warning left out.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (30-04-2012),MissMuppet  (30-04-2012),share a book  (30-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Advertising things like Nutella does suck in the most vunerable people in our community- kids.

I've had DD try to persuade me that nutella on toast was fine for breakfast as the ad said it was nutritious/healthy.

What we know of this court case is just the little bits in the story. Often legal companies call for people to take on test cases, even the ATO here has been taken to task by test cases.

I think we have a right for products to be adverstised more honestly - its only through the actions of people like the woman in the op's that we have all discovered that many things aren't what they're purported to be, many of us have learnt critical thinking and yet many people still get sucked into all sorts of scams.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (30-04-2012),MissMuppet  (30-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I think this woman will be lucky if she receives a few dollars after court fees etc. There is no reason for us to think she's stupid nor that she even thought Nutella was healthy - it said she was shocked that it was being advertised as being healthy (so I assume she thought it was obvious that it's NOT healthy).

Totally different to adding disclaimers to foods such as 'this is hot', this was false advertising, not leaving a safety warning left out.
    I do agree with this. I doubt shes making a profit.

Its very expensive and time consuming to take a big company to court.

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Benji  (30-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    She doesn't come across that way, which part makes you think that? It was clearly misleading, someone finally took the time to pull them up on it.
    I think as long as the nutritional label on the item is accurate people can't complain too much about the advertising. Advertising is never going to 100% for the benefit of the consumer, it's the parents responsibility to read labels. I pretty much read labels for everything I buy. Especially for bubba.

I think the parent in this case is either:
    1) lazy: too lazy to read the label AND/OR
    2) dumb: too dumb to read/understand the label
    AND/OR
    3) Bored/Boring: Has no life and chooses to pick a battle that makes her the centre of action (instead of just reading the label).
    Last edited by VicPark; 30-04-2012 at 18:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I think as long as the nutritional label on the item is accurate people can't complain too much about the advertising. Advertising is never going to 100% for the benefit of the consumer, it's the parents responsibility to read labels. I pretty much read labels for everything I buy. Especially for bubba.

I think the parent in this case is either:
    1) lazy: too lazy to read the label AND/OR
    2) dumb: too dumb to read the label
    AND/OR
    3) Bored/Boring: Has no life and chooses to pick a battle that makes her the centre of action (instead of just reading the label).

Or 4) is community minded and decided to take a huge conglomerate to task for blatently lying and being deceptive

Nowhere in the OP or reported story does it say that she or her kids were eating the stuff.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (01-05-2012),Gandalf  (30-04-2012),share a book  (30-04-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Last edited by Bonkers; 30-04-2012 at 19:42.