+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Advice needed please.

Well firstly DS nearly 3 ( 3 at end of May) has just started the last few days to refuse day sleep like really really kicking up any advice on how I can entice him to have one? Also we are getting a toddler bed in 3 weeks for him as he is still in his cot which does convert to a toddler bed but he still has it as a cot but the last week he is also kicking up at night about going to bed nd it has taken up to 45 mins to get him in how can I make the transition easy when we get his bed and he is still in a sleeping bag. Also worried as we have a split level house and navagating steps at night if he comes out of his room and don't know weather to put a night light in his room as it is pitch black for when we do get the bed...... lots of questions but I really need advice. The last week has been realy stressing me with the fight to go to bed at night as well and am feeling quiet anxious when it come to 730 bed time for him now. Am getting stress headaches as he is refusing lots of things like teeth cleaning as well he is just so defiant...............

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would suggest stopping the fight for a day nap, this might be why you are having a battle at night time. My DS1 also had a nap at the age of 3 but I think it's pretty uncommon. Hopefully your nights will improve soon

With the sleeping bag's, have you seen the sleep suits with feet? Perfect for this age
    Maybe you could put a baby gate up at his bedroom door to keep him safe at night
    Just some idea's, all the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    THanks mummynanny..... we have a gate on the stairs already but maybe one at his door as well.....he would climb over though I think........what about a night light? Today we are going to offer a day sleep and if he refuses not push it........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My ds was about 3 when he dropped a day time sleep. I would drop that and see how he goes at night time. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    My advise would be to ditch the toddler bed and go straight to a bed as he won't use it for long it will be a waist of money and at 3 he will be fine in a single. If he still needs his day time nap ( my 3 yr old does) try laying on bed with him and making it fun by reading him a story and singing songs ect and stay with him while he falls asleep for the first few days. This will also help with the transition of beds. At night do something similar and create a routine and make it fun just stick with it and he will soon co- operate. Yes a night light may help too good luck

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jordansmumma For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (30-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I agree, drop the day sleep, he is definitely old enough and it doesn't sound like he needs it, it isn't worth the fight I agree also about not bothering with a toddler bed, expecially at 3 years of age. All my bubs went into normal single beds at age one with no probs. How many steps are there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have 5 steps with gates at top and bottom........wel wednesday night my DS was screaming to get out of the cot and then was a terror until 11pm when he finally fell asleep in our bed this was VERY unusual for him to be that bad it was after a day at day care then last night he was doing the same I got him out and he went to sleep cuddling me so I put him back into cot and he woke up but woke up so I sat next to him and wenty out when he was sleep but it was 830pm by that stage he must have been buggered as he only slept 11pm to 0630 am the night before and didn't sleep yesterday......want to get on top of this just as it starts as I am a mess he just wants me ALL day I love my boy and feel so guilty when I don't give him attention and NOW as well the last 3 days he is refusing to brush teeth AGAIN he got good for a while the last few days I may get it in there and brush for 5 seconds and that is it today I tried and he was being so resistive when I took brush out there was a tiny bit of blood was I being to rough..no I wasn't now I am worried about that as well :-( I have a toddler that is saying NO to practicaly AVERYTHING.................................
    Last edited by adelaideannie; 04-05-2012 at 11:00.