+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default About Beds

How often do you buy new beds in your house?

How many sheet sets per bed?

How often do you replace sheets?

How often do you replace the mattresses?

I bought this bed in 97 and because my brothers were stupid, I had to replace the mattress at the end of '02, but I moved to a place that was furnished so the mattress stayed in the plastic until my dd was born in '03.

My dd's bed was bought in '05 but I am in the process of selling it to get her a new one. Well, second hand bed, new mattress. Out futon bunk plus mattresses were bought only a couple of years ago.

Each bed has 2 lots of bedding for it, and because I bought expensive good quality sheets, blankets and pillow cases, they have not needed replacing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I usually keep beds for ages...
    My last one was for about 9 years. I just cycle through a new mattress every 5 or so years.
    I have about 5 bed/sheet sets.
    Which I change weekly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ages...10 years plus for my bed. I have eleventeen hundred sets of bed linen for all sizes of bed because I am addicted.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stiflers Mom For This Useful Post:

SeymourTheBear  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Our bed is only 4 years old. Will be buying a new one soon because we want to upgrade to a king. We are getting the exact same bed we currently have but in a king.

I change my sheets every week and have about 10 sets as I like the new sheet feel, so when it loses that, they go and I buy 1000+ thread count. I have a couple of 500 and they just don't last as long!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Well we have been sleeping on the bed I was conceived on for the last 10 years we bought a new mattress for it about 3 years ago. We have just bought a new queen bed and memory foam mattress so waiting on that to arrive. 2 good sets of sheets for our bed, they last about 2-5 years (we wear them out ) DS has 4 sets of sheets.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I used to have heaps of cheap $10 sets. Just bought a solid, dark wood double bed for dd for $80 and the matress is from a bed shop so brand new. Buying 2 good quality bed sheets from a lady who bought a stack of queen sized sheets for $30 down from $80 then realised 2 were double.

My bed was expensive, solid darkwood too, and won't need to replace it any time soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to have heaps of cheap $10 sets. Just bought a solid, dark wood double bed for dd for $80 and the matress is from a bed shop so brand new. Buying 2 good quality bed sheets from a lady who bought a stack of queen sized sheets for $30 down from $80 then realised 2 were double.

My bed was expensive, solid darkwood too, and won't need to replace it any time soon.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well my bed & mattress was bought in 2008
    And the girls beds & mattress were bought in 2011
    So I plan on keeping them for awhile

I have too many sets of sheets & doona covers to count I wait for sales at target or bains and stock up

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same bed from 1-13yo, I then upgraded to a queen which I kept until I was 20, moved countries, bought a cheap queen, then upgraded to a king bed at 22. It's 3 years on and I am considering buying a more sturdy base as it creaks a lot at night when the kids roll around.

I buy quality linen and have 3 sets per bed at least, it hasn't worn at all really. I need 3 sets with pukey, pooey, ****y babies.

DS has a cheap bed, but great mattress, DD has a gorgeous bed that I love and a great mattress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To clarify, I meant replace sheets like buy new ones lol.