+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry, had more to add. Just on the finding the time thing ...

You could do it on the weekend, both days & maybe just one day during the week. Make them intense sessions that count & at least you're gettng that 3 times a week.

Maybe buy the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred DVD. It literally takes 25 mins, plus a bit extra stretching - you can do it anytime you can squeeze it in in the privacy of your own home. It is a combination of weights & cardio in the one workout - you would just need to buy some dumbbells & a mat.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (01-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Double post
    Last edited by peoniesarepretty; 30-04-2012 at 11:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can you go for a walk/run on your lunch break at work? Do you have stairs at your work you can run up and down a couple of times a day? How do you get to work? Can you park a bit further away and walk the rest of the way? Get off at an earlier stop/station and walk the rest of the way?

I have recently started doing a 30 minute walk during my lunch break and I have found it also helps me focus during the afternoon. I also walk up 6 flights of stairs in the morning (get out of lift at reception and walk up to my floor). If I'm feeling extra motivated, I go to the bathroom on another floor so 2-3 times a day I go up and down a couple of flights of stairs. If the tram is running late I walk up a few stops, or sometimes if I don't have to pick DD up walk all the way. It all adds up in the end.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (01-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think the most important thing is diet, cutting out sugar and balancing out my carbs over the day made a huge difference to me.

I'm really lucky that I can exercise in the day before I go to work. If I worked days then I would probably do a 30 min dvd Tues & Thurs nights just after I got home and have an easy dinner (soup, leftovers, slow cooker) and then an hour of something Saturday & Sunday - probably a walk and another dvd.

I find it pretty full on and sometimes the kids don't like me hogging the TV,but it just has to be done and by putting myself first for a little while I get big results and have never felt better.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tootiredtosleep For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (01-05-2012)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Some good options there that I will definitely try- both days on weekends and one evening a week.
    Already on the cutting down sugar and carbs way low- having intense cravings as I type but I'm determined not to give in! (usually I would have by now, yay!) although the danger zone is day 4 or 5, when I usually just forget and eat... So a little bit scared that I have to go through that yet!
    As for the exercise at work, I wish it were an option, but I'm a teacher at a small country school 30 min from home- hence why my working day seems so long!!
    Just keep encouraging me- PLEASE! It's really helping me!!

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    If you need a little sugar hit, go for a date bar. I can't remember if you have a nut allergy, but Macro (in Woolies) make a raw food bar which is just dates, nuts and cocoa. There is also some peppermint oil in the choc mint one. They are really good, no added sugar and full of fibre, iron, potassium, calcium, magnesium and vit K

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (02-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When does your DH start work? you could cram in a workout in the morning?
    No offence but I think your time could be better spent working out than BHing
    You sound super busy so obviously gym workouts arent the best for you,so i would invest in some equipment to work out morning or night- door gym,weights,skipping rope etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I sneak in my run or walk as soon as I get home. Either my mum walks the boys in the pram while I go off on a run - or I walk them. It's a good work out anyway. Even if it's just 1/2 hour. I chat to them as I go and they love it. I could never stick to the gym.