+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Question Where do you find the time?

If I'm really to get serious about weightloss (and, judging by recent family photos, I NEED to get serious) I need to reintroduce some cardio back into my life. ATM I'm a blob with no exercise routine. I mean, I'm constantly rushing from here to there, but obviously that isn't doing much for me!

But... I'm struggling to know how others find the time to do this? A typical rundown of my day goes something like this:
    5:30 boys wake, want breakfast. Until them I'm catering to their whim and getting some BH time. (yeah, I could do it then... but then I would have next to NO BH time, and I need that. It's just for *me*)
    7:00 shower, get ready for work.
    7:30 leave for work.
    8:00-4:00ish (sometimes til about 6:00ish) work
    4:30-6:3-ish arrive home. Spend 1/2 hr with boys. Cook tea.
    7:00pm I try and have the boys in bed. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.
    7:00-8:30 spend some time with DP. Clean house. Do some work for my WAHM business.
    8:30 bed

.... so... assuming that people who have been successful with weight loss have the same type of hectic lifestyle that I do... where or how did you fit in exercise? I really don't know how to do it?

Other of course than buying an expensive piece of gym equipment such as a treadmill which I really can't afford... my exercise of choice is walking/jogging.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! I work at a gym (just admin, not a trainer) and I recently lost 17kg. The best tip I can give you for weight loss is make sure you are eating the right food! Food is the biggest component then there is the exercise.

When I lost weight I cut out a lot of sugar and cut back (not completely cut out) my carbs. I stopped having white bread, pasta, rice and potato. I had more veg (I used to eat this every night with my meat and potato but just cut out the potato and had more veg), had pasta once every 2 weeks and switched to burgen bread.

Good luck with whatever approach you take! Just remember to give your body time to adjust to whatever you start doing, don't be disheartened if u don't loose straight away, keep at it! :0)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NicErin84 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (30-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with the low sugar/processed carbs! Everyone gets caught up with low fat diets... But in most 'diet' foods, they substitute fat for sugar to retain flavour... And when your blood glucose level spikes, the excess sugar is stored as fat! So if i really want to get serious about shifting kilos the first thing i do is cut out the simple carbs!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Super Trooper For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (01-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could you invest in cardio over the weekend? Or if you own a treadmill or something you can both enjoy like Wii fitness you could double it in with your time with dp? For me I have to get up before the kids (even if its only half hour) and I get on the Wii and do a half hour jog.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkplease3 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (01-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Weight loss is 80% nutrition, so it's super important to get your eating in check first if you're not breast feeding or pregnant then sticking to a 1200 calorie a day diet is a healthy way to lose weight.

Then bring in the exercise. Could you workout on your lunch break? My day is similar to yours time wise, so I get up at 5am on gym days or I run at lunch time. Even just a 30 minute walk helps! Also, incidental exercise is good, so things like start taking the stairs instead of the lift, park the car further away and walk that little bit extra. Every little bit helps

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (01-05-2012)

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Get a pedometer. I thought I was moving around waaaaay more than I actually was. I'm lucky enough to have a treadmill where I live and that has made a world of difference as I can do a quick 10 minutes at a time. I also do my uni reading while on the treadmill and it has upped my movement heaps.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (01-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I go to boot camp twice a week at 6 am. I really need it for my sanity. It really sets me up for the day. It's hard getting up at first but if you're already up at 530 you'll find it ok. I also try and get out for a long run once every weekend. I've found since having my last baby the weight is harder to lose (prob being 40 doesn't help). I agree the carbs and white sugar have to be drastically reduced too.

Good luck. I'm back to my normal weight and it didn't take too long but a lot of persistence.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (01-05-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Maybe a peice of exercise equip at home, cross trainer or treadmill might be beneficial for you, And sacrifice a half hour sleep for a run.

Xox

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (01-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Try joining a gym that has a crèche! My DD's loved it, I went 3-4 times a week for classes and PT.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (01-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Diet & weights are actually far more important than cardio.

And when you do cardio, it shouldn't be for long sessions. Better to do high intensity, short sessions. Not only does it save time, but you'll get better results. Read up on High Intensity Interval Training ... don't forget the weights and eating clean, cut out bread, pasta etc (especially at night)

Good luck!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (01-05-2012)