+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default GD high reading what do I do now? HELP ASAP PLEASE

Ok I just had my first high reading all week. It wasn't heaps high 7.4 but now I don't know what I am meant to do. I am due for my snack before bed in 30 minutes. Do I still have it? I have been having a milo and raisin toast for snack and it has been giving me good readings in the morning. DO I still have this or do I need something else? (like what?) What?????

I am finally getting to see someone on Tuesday so I will know what to do and what exactly to eat then.

Thanks heaps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Still have your snack in my opinion it's what you had for tea is the problem. Good luck on Tuesday hopefully they are a fountain of usefully info for you but don't be surprised if you require insulin - a good diet only goes so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know Im a bit late considering its morning now!

I would have had the milo but avoided the toast

Ive recently (2 weeks ago today) been dx with GD too..took ages to get an appointment for the diabetes clinic too

Its really worrying isnt it? Wish I had more advice but Im still so new at it myself! Well done on keeping your levels down though, Ive had a couple of 9 and 8s and several 7's good luck with it all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had GD don't be too concearned with a 7.4 it would have been from your dinner. Mine were all over the place no matter what I ate. As long as you exercise eat well that is all you can do, the baby takes what it wants.

Good luck