+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Women and damn gossip

My DH and I are 11 weeks pregnant and only just telling family now which is very exciting....
    On the other hand, after only telling 2 people at work, it has spread like a WILD FIRE and people are gossiping and telling everyone. One friend I told messaged me today saying someone told her over lunch that I was pregnant. I am absolutely furious. It is not their business and people should keep their big Gobbs shut!

I feel awful because I still haven't told my SIL/ best friend yet people at work I wouldn't waste my time on know

Anyone have any suggestions? My workforce is 300 women. I am
    Going to lodge a complaint with my manager ... Or is this too much

I'm just furious

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's terrible that this happened to you!

I know a girl who's pregnancy was announced for her on Facebook.

Personally, I think your privacy should always be respected but was it social chit chat and did you ask for them to keep it to themselves?

Or did you tell for work related reasons? If so, definately put in a complaint.

Either way, your good news should be exclusively for you to disclose to who and when you chose!
    Last edited by bohogirls; 29-04-2012 at 22:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    depends if you told them confidentially or not?

i told my boss and manager i was preg at 8wks as i was very unwell, i told them id prefer it not be common knowledge till after 12wks when i would happily tell everyone. they respected my wishes entirely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not sure a manager could do much about that...although you're well within your rights to complain if you wish.

As for whether it's reasonable...I think that depends on whether you asked them to keep it to themselves. If you didn't ask them not to tell anyone, then I don't think it's fair to be angry at them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely made it clear to them I wanted it to remain confidential until our 12 week scan...
    I needed to tell them because of the nature of my work plus I thought that good work friends would keep it private. I've just edited my Facebook so no one can write on my wall just in case!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It makes me pretty livid to be honest. But would I lodge a complaint? No. Only because it wouldn't make a difference, especially in a workforce with 300+ women!

Hope you feel better though, it happens to everyone I guess