+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bunkx View Post
    Omg I hate putting doona covers on

I have the doona cover inside out then put my hands in each corner of the cover then grab the doona then pull it through (if that makes sense)
    Yep, that's what I do. Then when it flops though I match the other corners up (the ones at the open end) and do another flick to get the doona to fill the cover. It usually requires a few flicks of each end to get it fully in, plus some flicks holding the sides. Definitely not my favourite chore!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My kitten loves it lol, he is rolling around on his back enjoying fresh bedding. The end result is awesome, but definitely a job I would rather palm off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't put a doona cover on anymore due to my shoulder, so my solution is always ask my DP or my mummy haha.

Sorry I'm not much help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    haha I start with the proper 'turn it inside out and shake from the corners method' but it always ends with me climbing inside to straighten it out.
    Which is kind of fun, like I'm exploring a cave! Or I'll pretend to be a ghost and chase DP around (until I inevitably run into something due to the rather restricted vision).
    In my younger days if the bed wasn't made late at night when I wanted to sleep, I'd just pile it on the bed and sleep in the big messy nest of bedding!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I lay the doona cover on the bed push two corners of the doona all the way through into the far corners. Grab the corners i just lined up then shake until the doona is inside, grab the other two corners and shake again. Takes 5min max (queen doona).

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    I lay the doona cover on the bed push two corners of the doona all the way through into the far corners. Grab the corners i just lined up then shake until the doona is inside, grab the other two corners and shake again. Takes 5min max (queen doona).
    This sounds like what I do. Its not my favourite job but certainly not the worst lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    yep exactly this... very quick am easy! dh makes a right mess of it and takes forever.... funny to watch though.lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Inside out donna cover with arms inside to reach the top 2 corners... then use those fingers to grab the corners of the doona and shake it a bit. Then you just have to fix up the end.

I hate changing the sheets on my bed. I think our mattress is too big for the bed frame (both Queen, but I think the mattress is just a bit taller/fatter than standard) so it's a real struggle to be able to put sheets on without getting my arm jammed. I hate it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Inside out donna cover with arms inside to reach the top 2 corners... then use those fingers to grab the corners of the doona and shake it a bit. Then you just have to fix up the end.
    This! I've been trying to think how to explain it and you've done it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post

I hate changing the sheets on my bed. I think our mattress is too big for the bed frame (both Queen, but I think the mattress is just a bit taller/fatter than standard) so it's a real struggle to be able to put sheets on without getting my arm jammed. I hate it.
    My mum has a thick mattress, fitted sheets don't really fit. It's heaps higher than mine but the bed frames are the same height.