+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Cant afford it in genreal after bills,water,electritcy,rent and non stable job its to risky plus if say we rented and my partner lost his job we cant come back to the bungalow because its not owned my dad and the rules are if you move out of the bungalow they remove it.... So all though he does work its not a atable job because he got the job through a agnecy because of centerlink so they can take him off at any time. If we rented we would be 100% broke and not mention i am paying off debts to while i can

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe you or your partner could improve your job prospects and find a more stable job? Inturn you may be able to afford a rental property. Instead of looking for the easy road, be a role model to your children!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to munchie For This Useful Post:

NurseAnni  (20-12-2012),Sunshinemoonlight  (30-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Munchie your response seems unnecessarily harsh.

You can improve your chances of getting a department house by being open to accepting a property outside of the metro area, by having medical reports to back up your claims that your current housing is causing you and your children to be ill, and the fact that either you or one of your children has a disability should put you higher up the waiting list. At the moment, snd without evidence such as that suggested, you are not considered to be in crisis and there is no threat of being homeless hence why you are considered low priority.

Original Poster being angry at those in public housing is not going to help you in any way so you might be better off to use this emotion to help you find more appropriate accommodation. You and your partner may have to take a plunge into the private rental market, just sign up for a 6 month lease to see how it goes.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Try the CEHL

We haven't had a good experience with them {committee consists of a group of middle aged, gossipy women who among themselves all the time and punish you if you don't take sides} but if you can ignore them, it's a good system with good houses.

From application to moving in was about 6 weeks. Rent is $160 a week for a four bedroom, two bathroom, three loungeroom house

Thanks
    Reviews
    The system is rediculous, I know in Sydney doh and community housing is all the same list. Maybe you could find a suburb that's a little further away but not too far for your husband to commute?

Also maybe he could ask his boss if permanent work is an option?

Good luck with the housing dilemma, I know I felt like I was running in circles when I applied

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by louellyn View Post
    Munchie your response seems unnecessarily harsh.

You and your partner may have to take a plunge into the private rental market, just sign up for a 6 month lease to see how it goes.
    Comments may be harsh but so is cold hard reality that you are more likely to get more stable employment than public housing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could you or your partner look for my stable work? Even set shifts stacking shelves at coles / woolies just to give you a set amount guaranteed every week so that you could look into renting privately?

Sent from my HTC Legend using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know someone who rang doh every day, apparently they got so sick of her calling that they found her a house, this was in south coast nsw btw.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maybenumber3 View Post
    I know someone who rang doh every day, apparently they got so sick of her calling that they found her a house, this was in south coast nsw btw.

same thing could be said about finding work

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ohdear For This Useful Post:

CupidsVictim  (01-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ohdear View Post
    same thing could be said about finding work
    Yep thats true too, you have to be persistant in both respects.