+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteKnight View Post
    Subscribing with great interest.

My girls are 2 and showing no interest

A tells me she needs to go before Poo's but nothing before wee's, & L still does both without flinching.

They were both so 'advanced' (and still are in many aspects-numbers, colours, letters, talking, problem solving ect) but no interest in toilet training.

Starting to fell like I've failed them some how.
    Toilet readiness is about the physical connections between the brain and bladder/bowel, as well as physical strength of the pelvic floor. It's not a sign of intelligence, purely physical, and I tell parents not to be too concerned before 4, or for night not before 12. Sure many are dry well before then, but I wouldn't get too concerned before then.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

TheWhiteKnight  (02-05-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DD has been toileted since 6 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    DD has been toileted since 6 weeks
    So she just took herself huh?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiekitty View Post
    So she just took herself huh?
    Um no, myself or my partner take her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD1 started when she was 3 and because she was ready it was hardly any work, no accidents or anything. With poos though it took a bit of time and effort though but we EVENTUALLY got there in the end.
    We didn't bother with a potty at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Um no, myself or my partner take her
    I was just being facetious.
    So no nappies since 6 weeks? That's impressive!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    She didn't say toilet trained she said toileted.

Google elimination communication and things might make a bit more sense

Op I started training Ds at 15 months purely as I knew he peed every night when water was tunning, we were hit and miss for a month or two then we we're occasional accidents for a month ish then we had two weeks with no accident and then he advanced ib speech and motor skills and hr forgot to toilet all together now he's 23 months and it's too cold to be naked so im hoping next summer.
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    Last edited by GuestMember; 30-04-2012 at 00:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I should of been more clear, as nemmi said we practice elimination communication, we don't catch every cue but we do try to and we usually only miss 1-2 on a good day. She does wear disposable nappies 24/7 we just take them off and put them back on if they are clean and dry when we toilet her. I guess it's just like normal toilet training except she hasn't desensitized to that feeling of when her body needs to eliminate. I'm sure with time she will be toilet independent (toilet trained).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD was 2.5 and just announced she wasn't wearing a nappy anymore. That was a month ago and so far so good. Still get the occasional accident but most times she makes it to the loo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should of been more clear, as nemmi said we practice elimination communication, we don't catch every cue but we do try to and we usually only miss 1-2 on a good day. She does wear disposable nappies 24/7 we just take them off and put them back on if they are clean and dry when we toilet her. I guess it's just like normal toilet training except she hasn't desensitized to that feeling of when her body needs to eliminate. I'm sure with time she will be toilet independent (toilet trained).
    I'm interested. My Dd2, 7 months, is often clearly about to poo, and I've often thought maybe I should just sit her over the toilet and save a nappy change. Is that pretty much how it works?