+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    14mths and she was only pooing on the potty. She would get distressed if she had to go in her nappy. Started wees at 18/19 months and now at 20mths she is toilet trained during the day, all day naps and most nights. We do have the occ wet night but as she is in a cloth nappy she let's us know pretty quick and we put her on the toilet and change her if required.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    20 months seems about average fully trained for day time and most naps

best to be child led and not make it a big deal

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Supernanny said on her tv show that kids don't have bladder control before 18 months old, so don't push them before that age or you're setting them up to fail.

I don't know if that's true or not, just sharing what I've heard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS was toilet trained at 25 months using the 3 day method, and he was done by the first day (poo took the full 3 days though). Like any kid he has had times when he was too busy playing to go to the toilet and would have little accidents, but has been really good lately and always seems to make it in time now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS started training at 18months but I wouldn't say he was fully trained until about 2.5

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing with great interest.

My girls are 2 and showing no interest

A tells me she needs to go before Poo's but nothing before wee's, & L still does both without flinching.

They were both so 'advanced' (and still are in many aspects-numbers, colours, letters, talking, problem solving ect) but no interest in toilet training.

Starting to fell like I've failed them some how.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My daughter was almost 3 before she showed any interest, but she's never had an accident. She is still in a nappy at night (she is nearly 4) but they are getting drier and drier. She went straight onto a toilet.

My son is 21 months and tells me when he's done a poo. I ask him if he wants to sit on the toilet, but he doesn't.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS is 26 months, we started TTing at around 22 months, but he wasn't ready then and he's not ready yet. If he's still not showing any interest in the next 6 months I will try anyway, but I'm in no rush yet.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    From about one she would just sit every now and then in the potty. Never did anything. She would just sit when we went. When she was about 20 months she could tell us she needed to go and we would put her on and she would go.

Toilet training started very early as just a this is what we do. We also put her in pull ups and just got her toilet educated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Started using the potty at 15/16 months. Fully TT'd by 21 months. Regressed at 25 months at night time and at 26 months is still in nappies for nights but all day and naps he's TT'd ..