+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default When did u start toilet training ur child?

How did u know they were ready?
    Are potties a good start?
    I have heard bubs as young as 13mths r being toilet trained! My 14mth old isnt even walking yet and she eats her poos :|
    Clearly its a while b4 we even think about tt!
    My mum said its hopeless starting tt before 2 yrs of age. But I dont know her reasoning for this lol
    Im just curious as where to start with it all.

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    She eats her poo? How odd.

Anyway my little DS just started getting the hang of it. He just turned 3. I'll be doing my DD when he is finished she is almost 2. She copies him with everything so it will be easier I think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    She decided to use the loo from 13 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dd wanted to start just before she was too. Her motive was to be toilet trained so she could transition to the toddler room at preschool lol.
    We never used a potty, I used pull ups although I don't like them or advocate them for the first few months because she wasn't physically ready to start and I wasn't ready lol. She was moved into the toddler room a month after sge turned two and i lost the pullups then as she was more ready than, it was spring so dresses were easier and her teacher in there is best ive worked with in regards to tt her toddlers. She was fully toilet trained by 2.4 including day sleeps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyOf2Sweeties View Post
    She eats her poo? How odd.

Anyway my little DS just started getting the hang of it. He just turned 3. I'll be doing my DD when he is finished she is almost 2. She copies him with everything so it will be easier I think
    Odd? No I wouldnt have thought so.

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD is 20 months and she does most wees on the potty when we are at home. She usually runs around in training pants or pant less. Poos are a different story...

We are taking it at her pace. We started by teaching her that's a wee or that's a poo. Then she started telling us as she was doing them. Once we could read the signs we put her on the potty and made a huge fuss when she did it. Now when she does one she always yells hooray and if we aren't in the room she will bring the potty to us.

She has gotten progressively better over the last 2 months. I hope to have her TT by 2...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    2.5 for the girls, J is still in nappies at 3.

There was no way they would have been ready before hand. Especially J, he just doesn't have the maturity to understand what happens.

Both girls told me they wanted to use the loo, I followed their lead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I just let my kids tell me when they were ready.

DD1 was ready 6 weeks before her third birthday.
    DD2 was ready to poo in the toilet at 16 months (and yes, she let me know by screaming and fighting me every time she needed to poo if I was changing her nappy...after a few incidents of that happening I realised what she was telling me and she was on the toilet for poo's from there on in.) She was in undies for her second birthday, then went back to nappies...then, after asking nearly every day 'nappy or undies today?' at 2 years and 4 months she decided it was undie day every day.

DS - he's 2.5 and can tell us when he is doing a poo and won't let us change him until he is finished, he can get himself on to the toilet, clean himself (after doing nothing) and flush, he takes his nappy off when it was wet, cries if he is naked and wees on the floor and goes for hours with a bone dry nappy....all the signs say he is ready so now I'm just waiting for him to decide that he wants to wear undies and use the toilet. For now he seems content with running around with his undies on his head.

futureherder is offline Child led parent here...save me :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Once DD showed signs that she knew she was weeing we got a potty. We tried elimination communication at about 13 months, so I would watch for the signs during no nappy time (which was a lot of the time) and try to get her on the potty. It was very relaxed and not rushing her so she didn't have an accident. This is something you can do while they are not walking. However until they can really walk on there own I don't think you can 100% tt them. At 1.5 she would sit on the potty a few times a day, if we got wees or poos we would get excited. At 2 she was asked to go to the potty if she needed to wee but still during nappy free time. Then at 2.5 when she was requesting nappy off for wees or poos we switched her to undies. She is now tt during awake hours, thinking about tt during sleep at 3.

I followed her lead but I was open about going to the toilet myself and telling her what I was doing. Asking her if she wanted to use the toilet and generally talking about her preference of sitting in a wet nappy vs going to the toilet, if she ever seemed upset or under pressur I would back off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD was using the potty at 15 months then lost interested for awhile but was completely TT a couple of months before 2.