+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Couldn't read and not post. I have my that everything will be ok for you.

BFP - Big Fat Positive (ie. positive pregnancy test)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BBoo For This Useful Post:

BHNewbie  (01-05-2012),EMF82  (07-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks BBoo - for the crossed fingers and the translation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just want you to know I am thinking of you and also crossing my fingers xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mallie For This Useful Post:

BHNewbie  (01-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I hope you got some good news op Thinking of you

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

BHNewbie  (01-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Any update BHNewbie? Been thinking about you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

BHNewbie  (01-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow the support on here continues to amaze me! You are all so wonderful for your thoughts and keeping the fingers crossed for us!

So an update...(Sorry for TMI)

The bleeding and general tight/cramp feeling has continued but I've tried as best I can to not freak out.

I managed to get a cancellation booking at my doc on Monday. The doc said that the bleeding was normal and quite common to have bleeding similar to what I would get around the middle of my period. (phew!!)
    He sent me off for blood and urine test and a referral for ultrasound. I wasn't able to do the urine test because of the bleeding but I did get the blood tests.

I called this morning to get the results and the HCG level was 124. The receptionist said that there was no request for me to go in and the doc had written a comment of "low positive". She said that if the doc wasn't happy with the results or felt he needed to talk to me, he would've made sure I knew.
    I took that as a good thing but I had absolutely no idea what this number meant. After doing some reading, I thought I'd call the doc again to see if I could get another blood test to compare the numbers and see if the number is rising or falling. I haven't heard back as yet so will be calling again in the morning.

We're still feeling a bit mixed on the results as we have no idea if it has dropped to 124 or if it is rising so we will keep our fingers crossed. It would be wonderful to get excited about it as we've been trying for nearly 4yrs but we're trying to keep ourselves positive.
    Hopefully I can get another blood test tomorrow and if the number is bigger than I think we'll get a bit excited. As for the ultrasound, I don't really want to book in for that until I do another blood test. If my HCG levels are rising, I would like to have the first ultrasound at a stage where we will hear the heartbeat, but obviously if the doc says to have it to make sure everything's ok then we will absolutely get it done.

Today the bleeding has eased, only occasionally bleeding when going to the toilet. It is still very much like my period which is still stressful but I am reminding myself that my doc said this is normal at this stage.

Thanks again to everyone! I will keep you updated on everything as soon as anything happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm glad your Dr wasn't concerned. I have no idea what my HCG was when I was pregnant with DD1 but yeah, it was basically like a period and then spotting the whole way through my pregnancy with her. So, pretty stressful and it's hard not to worry.

I hope your HCG continues to rise.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dannielle For This Useful Post:

BHNewbie  (01-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's comforting to know you had similar and obviously had a healthy pregnancy! If you don't mind me asking - how long did the period like bleeding last?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for updating If your doctor isnt concerned I would sit back n try to relax, hard I know! I had a mc in 2010 and the waiting around was awful. I have everything crossed for you n I hope you your hcg continues to rise n you have a very uneventful pregnancy!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

BHNewbie  (01-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    Thanks for updating If your doctor isnt concerned I would sit back n try to relax, hard I know! I had a mc in 2010 and the waiting around was awful. I have everything crossed for you n I hope you your hcg continues to rise n you have a very uneventful pregnancy!
    The sit back and relax is a bit difficult but I've been keeping myself away from my laptop as much as possible. The more I read, the more worried I become and really, nothing I read is going to change the outcome so I've tried to keep away from it. The hard thing I've found is the bleeding started on the weekend and my DP was away and the past couple of days have been RDOs from work so hopefully when I'm at work I'll be distracted enough to not think about it all too much!