+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Two positive tests but now experiencing cramping and bleeding - what does this mean??

Hi everyone,

Last time I posted anything on here, I was posting in the TTC area but yesterday I took a HPT and it was POSITIVE After nearly 4years of trying, we've finally got the double lines...twice

I do need some advice though as I have had some bleeding and cramping last night and today It hasn't been a huge amount but it still worries us both so much! At the moment I have just a tight feeling in my lower abdomen, it's not quite a cramping feeling but just feel tight.

I've read that this can sometimes mean a possible miscarriage but also read that women do experience this in the early stages without any issues.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had this happen? I don't know how much is too much, etc, etc - Just really worried. We want to be realistic and know that a miscarriage is a possibility but there's just so much info out there, it's hard to get a good idea of what this all means

As it is the weekend, I haven't been able to get into my doc but I will be ringing them first thing in the morning and hoping I can get in!

Any advice or experiences of your own would be great!

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hey there, Firstly congrats The tight feeling could be due to the new pregnancy as everything begins to stretch. I know when I got pregnant I had twinges and a really heavy feeling in my lower abdomen. Blood is so scary during pregnancy, I would know Im a massive worry wart but it doesnt always mean bad. Many women spot or even bleed during pregnancy and it all turns out to be fine It could be the beginings of a miscarriage as well but I just wanted to give you some hope and say that it's not over till its over I really hope you get into your doctor tomorrow and get some answers Oh and try to relax tonight and get some rest...easier said than done I know!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

BHNewbie  (29-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As above, it could easily be totally fine, but there's always that chance that it's unfortunately the beginning of a miscarriage. I'm sending u lots of sticky vibes! I had a threatened miscarriage from weeks 6-9 and I took some solace in that there was literally nothing I could do, it was out of my control. So try and rest up and fingers crossed all is well xxxxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to squirrelex For This Useful Post:

BHNewbie  (29-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you both very much!
    DP and I were so unbelievably excited when I got the two positive tests because we had been trying for so long.
    The blood has obviously freaked us out but we are both trying to be positive without getting our hopes up too much until we know more.
    We are both taking solace in the fact that if this does not end in pregnancy, we can take the positive out that we were actually able to conceive on our own - even if it took 4 years!
    Last edited by BHNewbie; 29-04-2012 at 20:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep the only thing you can do is stay positive and try to relax! 4 years of trying and concieving is a great effort, you must have been so excited to see those two lines..I cant even imagine how ecstatic you were! Good luck tomorrow, fingers crossed for good news

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

BHNewbie  (29-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi newbie. Congratulations! I know how scared you must feel. I have had the same thing. Had pos tests but then started spotting. I bled for several days & was on bed/couch rest. I'm now 6 weeks & had another little bit yesterday that has now gone. It's so stressful! I'm waiting for scan on wed to see if there's an embryo with a heartbeat in there (we've seen the sac already). I'm doing IVF so I requested an early blood test from my clinic. My progesterone was low so we doubled the dose of the pessaries I was on.

Look, it could be a miscarriage. It could be ectopic (that was my fear). Or it could be normal & nothing to worry about. My advice is to rest with your feet up! And to see your dr tomorrow - request a blood test for progesterone as well as hcg. Don't let them brush you off. If the progesterone is low ask for support like pessaries! Ask for an early scan to rule out ectopic, as soon as it would be possible to see anything. Good luck! Try not to panic. I have learned that lots of women bleed in pregnancy & it's often totally fine & normal. Is it red or brown?
    Last edited by peoniesarepretty; 29-04-2012 at 20:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi OP, I know the feeling. That was me years ago after 5yrs of trying.

It's horrible to see that blood and I know it's hard but do try to stay positive. After seeing my Dr he said it was all fine. I ended up bleeding on and off pretty much all the way through my pregnancy for no reason at all. That little one that caused so much drama is turning 13yrs old in about 4 weeks.

Then my 2nd pregnancy that also took a few years it happened again at about 7 weeks. Everything was fine except for finding out for sure it was twins and apparently its normal to have some spotting that early on.

As pp have said, just try to relax and I hope things are ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It started as brown but today has been mostly red, occasionally pink and clear.
    Sometimes it's just there when I wipe (sorry for TMI) but other times, it's like a normal period.

As I said, we're being realistic but it's so comforting to hear some positive stories.

I'm liking the sound of the resting so I think I might take tomorrow off work and just concentrate on the doctor and getting some answers

Thanks
    Reviews
    BHnewbie
    I'm so sorry you're dealing with this after the BFPs and trying for so long.

If you have trouble getting into your GP, many teaching hospitals have EPAS clinics for early pregnancy issues. They are a good option in that a nurse, doctor and rapid access to tests is possible in the one place. Unfortunately I've been a patient there far too often but their support and experience was do reassuring.

Best of luck
    X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks romaverona.

If I can't get in, I'll check out the hospitals.

By the way - whats BFPs? Probably totally obvious but I'm knew to the forums and the lingo