+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I also used muslin wraps for emergency vomit wipers, to throw over the hood of the pram so if dd was asleep she couldn't get disturbed/looked at/ sun shade/keeping nosy old ladies out.
    to snuggle up to until she moved into a big bed, it must have been about the smell or having something to cuddle our hang onto.

Still use them for my 2yo now.
    And I think she only stayed swaddled for a few months then wiggled about in bed. She went into a sleeping bag without a problem too...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls. I was given a pack of 3 flannelette wraps, do i need any more? As a few of my girlfriends r getting me muslin wraps and asked how many I need. I am in sydney I have a feeling we may have a cold winter this year since we didn't really have summer this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    If you've been shown how to swaddle really well you'll love muslin wraps!
    I have been watching YouTube ... Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can never have too many muslins - although I use them as mentioned above, more for covering the pram and wiping up spills than for wrapping.
    In terms of wrapping, my favourite are the Lil Fraser Collection wraps that are made of stretchy tshirt material.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have 3 muslin wraps 120x120cm, 3 stretchy cotton wraps, a kiddopotamus swaddle wrap & the wrap me up. I love my muslin wraps most especially in summer. A midwife taught me how to wrap bub's hands up so he can suck on it. He still has strong startle reflex at 5 months so I bought more muslin wraps on eBay, the extremely large 140x110cm so he can't escape. On a cold night I put a sleeping bag on him, then a muslin wrap. He tends to sleep with his hands over his face, meaning the wrap covers his nose. The thin muslin gives me peace of mind that he can breathe. If he doesn't have the startle reflex I'd only need a few sleeping bags, they're great and safe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a first time mum as of 2 weeks ago and I LOVE muslin wraps the best when I swaddle. You are shown how to swaddle when you're in hospital and even though you won't be perfect at the start, you will become better with time. I do 2 layers because my house can be quite cold at night, the second layer makes it that extra bit firmer and holds his arms in place so he can't wriggle out.

Waffle blankets are great for winter, personally I would only use them thod uppity him firmly in place as the layer that goes over him and under the mattress. At the moment I just have a loose blanket that goes over him because I'm using a cushion padded roll thing that prevents him from moving.

One thing I will admit to using that Im not sure if youre supposed to is a pillowcase. We don't have a blanket warmer so I chuck a normal pillowcase in the dryer and then fold it in half and wrap it just around his back, arms and chest before I swaddle him and the heat sends him off to sleep within minutes. My hubby doesn't like the idea of warming DSs blankets in the dryer so that's why I use a pillowcase.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wrap DS after he's had his nappy changed and been fed. Once he's wrapped he normally falls to sleep very quickly. I feel bad wrapping him if he's fallen asleep in my arms because it usually wakes him.

I have just the 3 sets of bassinet sheets, 3 waffle blankets, 5 fleece blankets, 12 muslin wraps, 12 of these very light wraps more for summer and 1 fool proof swaddle thing that I have never used. My mother went OTT on getting me wraps I think haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Then what is the difference between muslin wraps and flannelette wraps? When do u use them? I guess flannelette for cooler weather?

So for blanket I would need waffle blankets. Someone mentioned fleece blanket would they be too thick for babies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didnt really use the Muslin wraps to wrap baby, i used them for burp/spew cloths, to cover myself while feeding or to cover the hood of the pram. DS was a winter baby so i used flannel ones.

2yrs later and i am still using the muslin as shades or just light blanket when he's asleep in the pram in the shopping centre. I still use the flannel ones too actually as blankets

I only had 3 muslin wraps but about 5 thick flannell wraps and about 6 thinner ones.