+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It's just one day. Next time ur chatting with MIL just mention that you will have spare knickers next time in case there are any accidents as u would prefer nappies weren't used.

Unless you had previously said to her that u didn't want nappies used, how was she to know. And you DH..if he hasn't been greatly involved in the TT process, it's understandable he would just agree to what ur MIL suggested.

They gave you a break for a day....I think you are overreacting big time - sorry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I don't think this is something to stress over.

She can't be fully toilet trained if she's still wetting herself... and they probably didn't want to buy a pack of undies if they feel she might wee in them too... nobody likes cleaning up pee.

I'd just let it go. It's a once-off. It's not a big deal. Make sure undies are packed next time and move on.
    I agree with this 100%.

Being TT a month but still wetting herself, isn't toilet trained. So you can't expect other people to look after her without her having a nappy on if she isn't fully TT, unless they were talked to before hand about helping to toilet train her while there.

A once off with pull ups won't stop her from becoming toilet trained though, so try not to worry too much. It sounds like it is making you upset because you have put so much effort into this, and that can be hard when you feel someone else has disregarded your effort .

Don't worry, toilet training takes a while and it sounds like she is going through a stage in toilet training with being more happy to play with the toilet than go in it. This just means that you still have to treat her as though you are still training her, rather than being frustrated by her "regressing" in being toilet trained.

The bigger picture isn't the pull ups, it is more that she isn't fully toilet trained yet try not to be angry!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinyLittleTootsies For This Useful Post:

MothersMilk  (29-04-2012),SassyMummy  (29-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would be upset that someone dropped their child to me with no nappies, no spare pants, then told me I went out and bought the wrong thing.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Areca  (29-04-2012),Atropos  (29-04-2012),SassyMummy  (29-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the part that I am most upset about is that my husband thought he packed her bag properly, but infact he didn't and he was actually there the whole time so perhaps he should have taken some responsibility and gone to the shops himself and bought some undies. Sorry it probably does sound like I am over reacting but dh has been pushing my buttons all weekend and this has just topped it off.

Mil is fully aware of the toilet training and has asked me once last weekend if i put her in a nappy when we were all attending a family event and i clearly said "no, going back to nappies during the day is too confusing for her".

If I had of dropped her off myself I would have ensured her bag was fully packed as to not cause a burden on anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    I think the part that I am most upset about is that my husband thought he packed her bag properly, but infact he didn't and he was actually there the whole time so perhaps he should have taken some responsibility and gone to the shops himself and bought some undies. Sorry it probably does sound like I am over reacting but dh has been pushing my buttons all weekend and this has just topped it off.

Mil is fully aware of the toilet training and has asked me once last weekend if i put her in a nappy when we were all attending a family event and i clearly said "no, going back to nappies during the day is too confusing for her".

If I had of dropped her off myself I would have ensured her bag was fully packed as to not cause a burden on anyone.
    I read your first post as your dh was there the whole time. My anger would be more directed at him if i was you. In fact dh did the same a few months back with dd while I was out one day she had had an accident (it was actually the first he needed to handle!) and he had put her in a nappy I was angry when I got home and explained he should of just changed her and it didn't matter if she had 5 more accidents but putting her in a nappy was sending the wrong message. Once dd was trained the only real time accidents happen was in the car on semi long trips which would happened at least once a week. So I used to explain it was jic that I was putting a nappy on just for the trip. It actually worked well and she didn't have anymore accidents and would refuse to go in the nappy.

Out of interest was her pull up wet when she came home?

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lotti View Post
    I would let anyone who gave me a break from my kids put a pull up on them! lol
    Hope she didn't wee on their carpet!

I think when someone else is looking after your child you sorta have to go with the flow a bit and not be too upset if they do things differently to the way you would have done them if you were there. It's unlikely they intended any harm in any way.
    Not that that helps I know, hope you feel ok about it now.

Eta - is it possible that they thought a pull up was a good compromise (and that mil's intentions were for the best) between undies and a nappy seeing as though they had no spares provided of either?
    Last edited by Mod-biscotti; 29-04-2012 at 19:39.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

share a book  (29-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Pink-Hen View Post
    I read your first post as your dh was there the whole time. My anger would be more directed at him if i was you. In fact dh did the same a few months back with dd while I was out one day she had had an accident (it was actually the first he needed to handle!) and he had put her in a nappy I was angry when I got home and explained he should of just changed her and it didn't matter if she had 5 more accidents but putting her in a nappy was sending the wrong message. Once dd was trained the only real time accidents happen was in the car on semi long trips which would happened at least once a week. So I used to explain it was jic that I was putting a nappy on just for the trip. It actually worked well and she didn't have anymore accidents and would refuse to go in the nappy.

Out of interest was her pull up wet when she came home?
    Thanks for understanding, yes anger is mostly toward dh but I have had a few hours and calmed down a lot now!

To answer your question - The pull up was dry when she came home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post

I think when someone else is looking after your child you sorta have to go with the flow a bit and not be too upset if they do things differently to the way you would have done them if you were there. It's unlikely they intended any harm in any way.
    Not that that helps I know, hope you feel ok about it now.

Eta - is it possible that they thought a pull up was a good compromise (and that mil's intentions were for the best) between undies and a nappy seeing as though they had no spares provided of either?
    Yes you're right that's probably what she was thinking. I just get annoyed when I say specific things to her and she goes against the grain, as you say it was probably just a situation of desperation but other things have been said/done in the past and my feelings disregarded so I suppose it immediately just felt like that.