+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How often do you bath your kids?

I bath DD 20mths and DS 7mths every evening. It's part of their feed bath quiet time sleep routine. It never occurred to me not to bath them every evening, they are definitely not dirty but I bath them anyways!

Now that its winter and cold I wonder can I bath them every 2nd evening?

How often do your kids have a bath?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I bath my kids every night.

Might seem unnecessary to some, but they do play outside a lot and it's part of our night routine. Straight after bath, they get dressed, we read a story, have cuddles and they go to bed.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Every night, it's part of the slowing down and settling in for the night routine they have/need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I never washed DD every single night as a little one. Usually every 2-3 nights.

When she was a grubby toddler, it was every single night. Now she's almost 7 and some nights we skip giving her a bath... because she just doesn't get very dirty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    usually every 2nd or 3rd night even unless she is particularly dirty...which she never is! I top and tail her everynight tho

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    At least once a day but normally he will have one after breakfast if its a school day and generally every night. Its good that way as if we are running late for school he can skip and if its really late by the time we get home and he is tired, he will skip a bath but he has at least 1 every day.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Manny  (29-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We bath our ds every 2nd night he has eczema and a bath every day just dries his skin and makes it worse

9. The Following User Says Thank You to andi84 For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (29-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Both mine (nearly 5 and nearly 8) get a shower every night. When they were younger they had a bath every night. It is part of their routine. I find if they are cranky them sometimes a shower can help them calm down a lot.

If my youngest wets the bed in the night, then she gets a shower in the morning as well. When I worked in child care there was a little boy who stunk like wee most days. We found out that he had wet the bed in the night but had just got dressed and come to kindy. I think bed wetting is bad enough without smelling like urine the next day. Hence she will always have a shower if she has wet the night before.

futureherder is offline Child led parent here...save me :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Every night although on occasion I give her a sponge instead if it suits the night and she isn't grubby. She is a sweaty kid though so it's never a night before daycare she usually needs a bath the next day or another sponge and a bath again at night.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Every night. He loves the bath, no matter how tired and cranky he'll calm down and enjoy his bath. Once in a blue moon we'll be out for dinner or something and skip it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub