+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hormone blood test?

Hi everyone. I had a blood test on Thursday to find out about my hormone levels. As aunt flow has not visited since December. I have been off the pill since October.
    Has anyone had this kind of blood test done. What kind of results did you get. What kind of medication or treatment or referral were you given?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also have not had AF since December since coming off pill. Went to gp and blood tests were for hormones like FSH, LH, HCG, estrogen, progesterone. Also full blood count, thyroid function.
    Also i had a pelvic ultrasound. .
    All were ok except estrogen low showing my ovaries are asleep.

I was sent to an OB/GYN and they tested my prolactin levels which showed them at same level as fully breast feeding woman even though i stopped feeding my son about 15 months ago! Its Stopping me ovvlate. Seems to be caused by drug i am on for my stomach condition so having to stop taking it. If

So make sure you are tested for prolactin too! Not sure if its standard. Have to wait for levels to drop before i can be given clomid.

Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TobysMumUK For This Useful Post:

Boost  (29-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subscribing =)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Almost exactly the same answer as TobysMumUK, except mine is an eostrogen and progesterone disorder. If I get pregnant (with Provera for AF and Clomid to O) then I have to have progesterone to support the pregnancy.

Good luck hun. This is a great place for advice x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I hope they find something and it's like here u need this and that and soon u will be ovulating and utd. But I have no idea what to expect. I really would like to conceive this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi There,

I had about 11 blood tests done recently to see how everything was including the hormone tests which actually pinpoints/guesses from levels of progesterone and fsh where in your cycle you are.

Good luck!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 2012Mumma For This Useful Post:

ScarlettFelicity  (30-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2012Mumma View Post
    Hi There,

I had about 11 blood tests done recently to see how everything was including the hormone tests which actually pinpoints/guesses from levels of progesterone and fsh where in your cycle you are.

Good luck!!
    Oh I hope they call tomorrow. After I had the test I read about vitex. I wonder if that's something I should be taking. I will keep u guys posted as to how my results go

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's 9am. Usually the doctor would of called. Does this test take longer to get results?

Thanks
    Reviews
    call them. sometimes they dont call or their receptionists forget too and just imagine ur going too,

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I called. Results came in at 12 and doctor had not yet looked at them. She said Would call back once he had done that. She called back about 5 mins later. Doctor said something was a bit low. Need another ultrasounds. From that he prob get me a referral to Ob gyn.
    Guess we will wait and see.