+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby Jogger City Mini Double GT 2012 vs Baby Jogger City Mini Double 2011

I am choosing between these two double strollers. My kids are three month old and almost two years old.

The 2012 model is a lot more expensive. The main changes seem to be different wheels, adjustable handle and a more accessible basket. It is also about 2.5 kg heavier.

Has anyone bought the 2012 model? Is it really that much better? Is it worth the extra money?

Thanks

Do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have just bought the GT double. We have a friend from America who arrives in Melbourne tomorrow and he is bringing it over with him - I will be able to answer properly later this week when I have it!
    For us the main bonus of the GT is the wheels being better for rough terrain as I will use it for more than just inside shopping centers etc. The seats are also slightly bigger (for taller toddlers) but that's more looking to the future than anything else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. I wish I knew someone who could bring one from the States - it is ridiculous how much cheaper it is to buy it over there, almost half the price!
    Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I just got our GT double a couple of hours ago and at first impression- love it! Fits through all 3 doors we've tried so far and it is everything I expected it to be! Lovely to push and my toddler has tried out both seats and tested out laying flat and sitting upright- she's happy with it too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got the 2011 model double from amazon recently for $485 inc shipping. The 2012 gt model was available but still out of my price range even at the cheaper US prices.

I havn't had a chance to test drive it yet with 2 kids but my 2yr old ds loves to climb in it, there is is still plenty of room above his head and he's taller than average. It has fitted through the doorways in the house I've tried.

I love how light it is. I think it weighs similar to my strider 3 which is a hulk for a single pram.

If I could have afforded it I would have gone the gt model, but I'm happy with
    the one I've got, especially when the cheapest I could find it in Aus was $700!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi l came across this post about baby jogger city mini prams , my daughter has twins 12 weeks old and bought the new baby jogger city mini GT the 2012 pram , and every time we take the babies for a walk one of the babies would cry constantly , then we realised he was falling into one side , no matter what we did and soon found that the base is on an angle , if the baby didn't cry he could have suffocated , we took the pram back they are sending a new mattress section , but we noticed the one on display did the same thing , we haven't received the new mattress as yet , but if it is the same l will be demanding a recall as it is very dangerous , just check if you plan on purchasing this pram

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rapha For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (13-05-2012)