+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Migraine sufferer here too. Found out the tannins in black tea are the main cause of mine. I cut that out and I didn't have one for 6years until I fell pregnant. I try to limit the drugs I'm on as I took to many years ago and probably shot my liver. But I was on a caffeine based sandomigrain (sp?) that was to be taken at the first sign of an attack. Worked great but u can't take them too often and I have no idea if they are safe during pregnancy. I can see why the dr says to have caffeine though as it's a vasodilator and helps open up the arteries getting more blood to the head.

This pregnancy i went to the chiropractor as I have an 8 month old and was too sick to move. Did wonders for me, still have ms but I can function. Also started taking berocca (B vitamins) which helped with the nausea. I have still severe headaches now but haven't had a migraine since 6weeks.

Hugs though I hope u find some relief soon migraines are truly horrible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zakmick, I'm so sorry to hear you were sick. I hope you feel better? I actually spent the last 2 weeks bordering on a migraine every day. You know those ones where one side of your head is pounding, you feel sweaty and nauseous, but it hasn't sort of 'tipped' into a full blown migraine? I was trying to work like that every day! OB said panadol, panadeine and mersyndol are fine to take. Aspirin, ibuprofen and imigran (ie, everything that works well for me) is not ok. I feel better today, so fingers crossed that that was it for the daily issues coz I don't think I could take another six months of that!
    Last edited by Sally1981; 14-05-2012 at 11:32. Reason: Quote did not come through in 'quote' form.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Suffered over here!!!

Got one currently, but trying to push through at work.. or atleast look like I am working.. Have had a few short days lately with having to go home from either them or really bad gas causing me no end of pain! Not to mention that I am made to feel like a huge hyper-chondriac - I think my boss himself mostly understands, but not the moles in the office.

So far trying to stick with at most panadeine (or the chemist version being Mydol 15). But can't take them unless I am near a bed, as most times I get very drowsy from the codeine.

Frustrating part is I clear them up, feel great for a day, then bam, I wake up with one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've suffered with migraines since I was 8years old. I also work in pharmacy so I feel like I tried everything out there to prevent/get rid of them. I found that my pregnacy did make them worse I was getting them every second week and they would last at least 5days plus each time. My ob got me to take as soon as I started to feel one coming on some Mersyndol Forte, Maxalon and a Red bull (because I dont drink coffee it was for the hit of caffiene) I found that if I got it early enough then it did help prevent one but once I had one nothing stopped it or even took the edge off. Goodluck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't, thankfully, but my dad suffers horribly from them.
    The one time I thought I was getting a migraine, it turned out to be a very nasty case of viral meningitis which was bl00dy awful and pretty scary..
    Last edited by oozzle; 21-05-2014 at 13:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    migraine renders me useless. i get easily nauseated with a lot of strong scents and ultra sensitive to light so i pretty much just stay in the room and dim the lights. ibuprofen doesnt even work for me anymore!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ShanynEngwicht For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (25-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    I've been a migraine sufferer for about 27 years and I'm 11 weeks pregnant with my first. I've basically got through the first trimester with no morning sickness or migraines and thought I was home free.

I think it's starting though. I just have this threatening pain behind my eyes for the last three days and that panicky feeling I get when it's starting.

My OB has no to imigran (the only thing that definitely works - although Mothersafe said it was ok). He said yes to panadol, panadeine and mersyndol which are like tic tacs to me.

My migraines can last up to 5 days. Is there anyone here who gets migraines and knows if there's a system to this? I was told it might happen at the beginning of the 2nd trimester but not told how long it might last.

Any advice would be great. I just can't lose my job right now , my boss is part of the 'migraines are just a bad headache brigade'.
    Yep unfortunately took after my mum, she was a migraine sufferer.
    I'm waiting to have this baby and then I'm either going to go on blocker medication or look into the benefits of Botox for them. I've suffered with them since my teens so over 20 years and I've had enough. I've been hospitalised with them and having kids makes them all the more worrying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I get migraines often, with my pregnancy with DS1 I was hospitalised a few times with severe ones brought on by extreme vomiting from my HG.

None with DS2, it was like someone flipped a switch and they just stopped!

DS3 however was like with DS1. There is no system unfortunately every pregnancy can be so different.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another sufferer here! Im on topamax daily to prevent them as I get them daily..now weekly . Nausea is worse than the head pain but unfortunately no go in pregnancy which sux so cant ttc. Im going to start the physio this week to see if that helps.. some of you have said chiro . I hope physio is same same

I find my triggers are sweet foods chocolate coke.. heavy foods like chinese food or any fatty foods.

Op do u find you have triggers like this? Also glare so try keep sunglasses on.. stay away from processed foods and stress if you can (easier said than done) really stress to your doc that you need some thing safe during pregnancy because your suffering. There may be something we dont know about hopefully!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Coenzyme Q10 is said to prevent migraines and so is magnesium. i am so willing to try this out rather than having to deal with it when it happens.