+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakmick View Post
    I use to get 5 a week, but have cut gluten out of my diet and lactose to a degree, I get maybe 1 every 2/3 mths now.
    They are horrible, and unless you have had one no one knows the pain they cause.
    Exactly! It annoys me no end people
    Who say ohh I have a migraine when you know they mean headache....

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kezanazz View Post
    Absolutely!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those that said Imigran...
    I get pretty bad migraines that I currently use aspirin for which doesn't do too much... How did you go about getting Imigran???

(sorry to crash your thread op just curious and keen to get this)
    I find aspirin and imigran together can knock a migraine out a lot of the time (for me anyway, unless it's a hangover migraine). Unfortunately both are a no no in pregnancy.

When I was first prescribed imigran I was only able to be prescribed because I had taken a course of sanomigran (preventer) that didn't work. Not sure if the rules are still the same. Does not have to be an authority script, and the authority won't give you much discount anyway. The cheapest I can find is $17 for 4 tablets, but it gave me my life back and allowed me to hold down a job so it was worth it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh people at work who say they are home sick with a migraine when you know they don't get migraines and they really mean hangover/doona day, therefore throwing doubt into your own, real migraine attacks?

Thanks so much for all the advice everyone! I'm really glad I posted this. I'll try the magnesium. Nervous about chiros, but I am getting neck massages. And Tinytootsies, it's interesting about the caffeine! So many things that we're told not to take can actually help in some cases. For example, a friend I have who's a doctor once told me that, although red wine is a no no, for some migraines the best way to halt it in the 'warning' stage is a panadol and a glass of red wine. I tried it once and it worked (that time anyway, other times it was a disaster so I ditched that grand plan).

Also, I've found sometimes half a bottle of coke and a chocolate bar will assist. Trying to stay away from coke while I'm pregnant though. Chocolate is a sometimes treat, but a non-negotiable one.

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Another Imigran user here too ... nasal spray due to the inability to keep anything down when I have a migraine.

Last migraine hit me at work and I had no pain killers with me (went from a niggle to full blown migraine within 15 minutes). Luckily I work at a hospital so colleagues got me to DEM and after getting the nausea under control the Dr gave me a combination of aspirin and codeine and it worked beautifully. Dr said it has never failed on migraine suffers that have presented to him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I get borderline migraines. I used to get the sparkles and it felt like someone had their hands on my brain squeezing it. I just had to lie in bed with a heat pack over my head . Other times I could function.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    I get borderline migraines. I used to get the sparkles and it felt like someone had their hands on my brain squeezing it. I just had to lie in bed with a heat pack over my head . Other times I could function.
    Oh I understand that, and some of mine are worse than other(depends what side on my head it starts)...
    I just mean the people that you know don't get them but cry wolf to avoid work :s

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh I understand that, and some of mine are worse than other(depends what side on my head it starts)...
    I just mean the people that you know don't get them but cry wolf to avoid work :s
    Yeah it annoys me too don't worry! We have a girl at work who complains of having a migraine but it's just a bad headache! That's why I say borderline. And thanks i think you did voo doo or jinxed me. I have a headache since Sunday evening. Pregnant so cant have nurofen. Had Panadol , codeine, massage, chiro, heat packs and it's still here. Got a midwife appt tomorrow see what she says. I was up every 2 hours last night in the shower . Ugh

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have woken with my first migraine of my pregnancy... I'm 7.5 wks.. Lying in dark room, ear plugs in ( thank god there is no nausea- DH bought me toast to keep nausea at bay), have tried some panadeine but that's not helping.
    I had the flu shot yesterday so I'm wondering if it's a side effect..
    Have had lots of water yesterday and through the night, so I'm not dehydrated.... I hope this isn't the start of what's going to happen for the rest of the pregnancy...
    Sorry girls, I'm whinging....
    Just remembered my floaties in my eyes and seeing shadows has increased last few days, so maybe that was an indication it was coming on???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try an ice pack on your forehead and back of neck.