+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't discuss names with other. My younger sister wouldn't tell me the name she had picked for a girl (she was due 4 months after me) until after we found out we were having a boy. Lol. I wasn't offended. She was just very protective of the name!! But I don't think anyone, family or friend can put dibs on a name if they decide to start talking names with you.
    We don't tell anyone names until baby is born and then that IS there name. No changing it, no opinions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ridiculous!!!

I would have just said 'we have picked our names, we aren't discussing them but we will use names we like'

My sister tried to do this to me with DS2s name, one week before I had him!!! I didn't know the gender, she had just gotten preg but had mentioned at one stage she liked the name and wanted to bags it! I basically told her to jump no one can 'bags' a name! I had a DS named him the name she has 2 DDs!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH's cousin's wife and I were due within a week or so of each other. Both were surprises. We have never seen much of them, but one day DH and his cousin caught up for a beer and got talking names and realised we both had picked 'Connor' if we had boys. We ended up having our babies on the same day, within half an hour of each other....and we both had girls So neither got to use the name.

We decided to try for another baby when our DD was 11 months and this time we had a boy and named him Connor.

Well, I couldn't believe the uproar it caused. We were accused of 'stealing' their name, by them and DH's aunt and uncle. They were actually furious at us! Refused to see the baby and so on... Even though we both had the name at the same time.

Well they ended up having another girl some time later and never did have a boy.

I just couldn't get over their reaction. So strange!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So what, have the same name! Lol.
    My partner's friend's wife is due 3weeks after me and we both realized that we had picked the same girls name. We thought it was hilarious. Well she is having a girl and we found out we are having a boy so there's no fights but I don't imagine it would've been a major problem.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I can never understand people's 'claim' to baby names! So what if someone you know calls their baby a name you love or vice versa? It's a name for goodness sake lol.

It's not like names are 'single use only'

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Your child will predominately be mixing with people in your house, in their childcare, in their school, with their friends, as they grow up they will move in their own circles, live their own life and meet their own contacts...... You give them the name that YOU want.... who cares if it's the same name as someone they see on some family occasions and who they will probably hardly ever see as adults.

In our family we have two Patrick's, two Lisa's, 3 Johns, and an Oliver and Olivia (Ollie and Livy are even 7 days apart!... we were in hospital at the same time!)

Kids actually think it's kinda cool to have the same name..

Name your baby anything you and your DH like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would have told her she had her chance to use the names she loved on her 2 kids. Now it's your turn to choose names you love.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone - feeling less like I'm overreacting! I really don't care about the name double up - it's her that brought it up out of nowhere and told her the specific name was hers! I was so stunned I didn't know what to say.

This person is my husband's sister so I'm on my best behaviour at all times and can be somewhat competitive. Personally I just want to avoid the names conversations at all costs of decrease the chances for conflict.

Thanks for your support - I really do feel less like a hypersensitive pregnant woman now!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    She already has 2 kids?

Shes already had her chance, its your turn now. Name your kids whatever you want to....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me and dp had a name choosen out right from word go turns out it is the same name that a friend has choosen were 1 week apart she posted on Facebook what they were calling there Ds I sent her msg saying we the same name picked and that I thought I'd just let her know she seemed fine with it. But funny enough in the last few weeks 5 other ppl have called there baby this name and as much as I don't care about the same name thing it has become just too popular or Mabey always has with 1 week to go me And dp have decided on another name but were not telling a soul so everyone still thinks were calling him our first pick Hehe will be funny when he pops out and we introduce him with the new name

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub