+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Please tell me that this will pass...

Ds2 started sleeping thru the night at around 3.5 months. He can self settle and doesn't cry when doing so.. He might have a whinge but no crying.

About 4 weeks ago we started to notice teething symptoms, drool, fist in mouth etc.. And so he stopped sleeping thru.

But last night was ridiculous, he went to bed at 645 and was up at 815, and then pretty much every hour after that.
    I think he slept from 1030 till 1 which would have been from panadol.

Is this still teething? He doesn't have a fever, no red bum, no drooling but hands are in his mouth. It's killing me and obviously it hurts him worse than me.

The only other thing is that he wants to be held upright all the time. I was thinking ear infection but he had his 6 month check on Tuesday and everything was ok.

I don't expect him to sleep thru all the time but I just want a good sleeper back.

Any ideas, is it teething do u think???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Babies have the sh!ttest sleep from 6-13/14 mths. This is when they go through teething/crawling/walking/separation anxiety etc There are such huge emotional/physical and mental changes in them that they freak out and want mum back.

I had a perfect sleeper - from 5wks till 6mths she slept 8-10hrs straight every night. Yes I BF'd and no there was no strict routine. It started out as an extra feed at 1am... which to fix it I introduced a dream feed at 10.30/11pm to eliminate the need for the 1am wake up.... Guess what? She then woke up for that feed for the next 8mths... and the 1am one too!!!

My advice is ride it out. we co-slept just so I could get some zzzzs. Once she mastered walking (and didnt need to practice it at night) she slept through again.

Some parents will recommend you use various other sleep 'training' methods and its your decision what you chose to do for your family. In my family - we pick the simplest.... boob/cuddle.

good luck and remember - this too will pass. On a side note... DH was away last weekend on a night shift and I was lonely in bed so went to DD's single and slept next to her. best sleep ever!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

misho  (29-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ah if only he wanted to cosleep.. He goes skitzo when he's in our bed... He just doesn't get it... Oh please tooth come soon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    Ah if only he wanted to cosleep.. He goes skitzo when he's in our bed... He just doesn't get it... Oh please tooth come soon!!
    Can you sleep on a mattress in his room? Or him on a mattress in yours? Anyway you can be cliser to him so you can just teach out sbd resettle. Beats getting out of bed multiple times.