Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bambino is offline Autistic Today, My Genius Tomorrow
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Finding the right shampoo !!

I have long hair.
    It's thin, but fluffy.
    It's not dry or brittle, just fluffy/fuzzy.

I have tried so many shampoos, but by the next day, the crown area is just so oily. No where else gets oily, just at the crown.

I've tried shampoo for normal hair, fuzzy hair, oily hair etc....some supermarket brands and some salon recommended ones.

With it being long, it's a pain in the bottom having to wash it almost every day.

What do you use that works?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a similar problem my hair is thin and long too. I have to be careful not to use any heavy shampoo's or my hair gets oily. I use Nak (blonde shampoo) it is light and does not make my hair oily (usually wash my hair every 2nd day). With the frizzyness this is a big problem for me too, just started using Vivant Revitafoam it is a conditioning mousse it is amazing at getting rid of the frizzyness I also us Nak aroma oil spray.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I very rarely condition too due to the same issue as the shampoos. It makes my hair heavy and even more oily.
    And when I do condition (about every 5 washes) it's only the ends, not the scalp.

Is Nak a salon shampoo?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes Nak is a salon shampoo but you can get it in the Hair Stores in the mall like price attack. I only condition the ends of my hair too, the hairdresser told me that you should only condition the ends of your hair anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have very thick hair but it gets oily so quickly. I now use apple cider vinegar instead of conditioner and it has made a big difference. My hair comes out very soft but not at all greasy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you use apple cider vinegar on its own? No shampoo or conditioner at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Where do you get apple cider vinegar? And how do you use it?
    I am having issues with my hair/scalp as I foolishly used a cheap shampoo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use a shampoo, a purple toner coz I have blonde hair. Every few washes I use a normal shampoo with a bit of bicarb in it and it helps get rid of the product build up but the ACV by itself would be enough. So same shampoo you are using, then pour some diluted ACV on your hair leave for a minute then rinse. You can get it from a supermarket or health food store.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love MooGoo. I've got thick hair, prone to frizziness and my hair is awesome since I started using their products.

I must sound like a troll, I promise I don't work for them - I just love the products

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    I think most of you would benefit from Fudge Dry Shampoo. That stuff is an absolute lifesaver. RRP is about $22 per can. You can use it anytime - the day you have washed your hair, the day after - whenever you need. You spray it on your roots, wait about 30 seconds and then rub your fingers on your scalp where you sprayed it, just to make sure it's worked in and to get rid of any excess.
    A volumising shampoo and conditioner are great aswell for oily hair - even if you don't NEED volume, they're quite light, so won't weigh your hair down or make it AS oily. Joico BodyLuxe and Fat Muk are awesome.
    And yes, I'm a hairdresser