+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Karenjanef View Post
    We have a Tasman Eco rectangle wooden cradle which to me looks & feels alot safer than the bassinets with all the padding & frills on them. The mattress is lovely & firm unlike a bassinet I saw at target which looked like the baby would sink into it have a look at our cradle & see what u think - http://www.bubs.com.au/_products/Nur...21-63432-.aspx
    Just ordering this online now and have just one more question for you - do you need/should you have anything in there beyond the fitted bassinet sheet (if these exist?) like a bassinet mattress protector or is less more in this case?

Thanks again - Kathy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kathyp View Post
    Just ordering this online now and have just one more question for you - do you need/should you have anything in there beyond the fitted bassinet sheet (if these exist?) like a bassinet mattress protector or is less more in this case?

Thanks again - Kathy
    You can buy fitted protectors, so long as everything is snug, a protector is fine but if it means the sheet does not fit correctly I wouldn't use one. When my baby was born, I was unable to find a fitted one, and others caused bumps in the mattress so I just used a fitted cotton sheet.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

me+he&she=three  (29-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I know it's part of the SIDS guidelines to have your baby in your room for around the first 12-ish months of life.

I think it makes life easier too, tbh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got a mattress protector fur my cradle from baby bunting and it's a square piece a fabric that sits on top of the mattress with two straps that go right under the mattress to hold it on. It sits firmly on the mattress and there is no lumps in the sheet or anything. Only thing is it only covers about 3/4 of the matteress so I just put it up the head end (which also goes down past the bum iykwim) so its just the feet area that isn't 'protected' but that's fine

I got it in a 2pk from baby bunting for about $12.95.

Also I use my breathing monitor in the cradle between the wooden base & the mattress.

You will love it!! What colour did you get? We have the dark chocolate brown

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mrswhitehouse For This Useful Post:

share a book  (29-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please excuse the spelling mistakes - I'm on my phone. I meant 'for' not 'fur' LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    SIDS recommends sleeping in same room

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also I make my own sheets for it - if your handy with a sewing machine (or someone you know is) they are super easy and WAY better than the boring white, baby pink or baby blue ones you can buy at the shops 😃 we have a cute kitty flannelette one & some darkish pink & purple ones that I've made. Very cute!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mrswhitehouse For This Useful Post:

me+he&she=three  (30-04-2012)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our ds was going to be in his own room from day one. I found that I was so exhausted that the idea of getting up to walk to the next room for feeding etc was too much.
    We borrowed a bassinette and out was MUCH better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to turn sideways to get past the bed post and door to get into bed, and on dh side, the wardrobe doors don't open fully because we have a room for MIDGETS!!!!
    So we couldn't fit anything, not even a pram or bouncer beside the bed. So baby was in a cot from day 1, no monitor and I was getting up to check and feed thru the night anyway. I slept well, she was sleeping thru (7 our so hrs) from week 5. We hate sleeping with her now because she is so noisy.

Whatever suits you.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the great tips! We've cleared the space for it now and I ordered the Latte colour because it matches the rest of our furniture - but I do love the chocolate brown.

Will definitely put the mother in law to work on the sheets!! She's very keen to get involved so it will give her a bit of a project! She's already made a bunch of clothes/knitted jumpers & matching beanies and things like that.

Now all we need to do is wait for the big day!