+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a Tasman Eco rectangle wooden cradle which to me looks & feels alot safer than the bassinets with all the padding & frills on them. The mattress is lovely & firm unlike a bassinet I saw at target which looked like the baby would sink into it have a look at our cradle & see what u think - http://www.bubs.com.au/_products/Nur...21-63432-.aspx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mrswhitehouse For This Useful Post:

me+he&she=three  (29-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you don't have a basinette and the cot won't fit in your bedroom, I would move the cot to wherever it fitted,like in the living room, and sleep on the sofa, or a foam mattress. You do what you have to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's believed that having the parents breathing nearby ie in a bed beside the baby and not in the next room, helps baby regulate their own breathing.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bada For This Useful Post:

Bellaxo  (29-04-2012),Gandalf  (29-04-2012),headoverfeet  (30-04-2012),Lillynix  (29-04-2012),me+he&she=three  (29-04-2012),share a book  (29-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Karenjanef View Post
    We have a Tasman Eco rectangle wooden cradle which to me looks & feels alot safer than the bassinets with all the padding & frills on them. The mattress is lovely & firm unlike a bassinet I saw at target which looked like the baby would sink into it have a look at our cradle & see what u think - http://www.bubs.com.au/_products/Nur...21-63432-.aspx
    We just bought this one too! Cot won't fit anywhere in our house apart from bubs room so hoping they can stay in it in our room as long as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and my dd is almost 9kg and 6.5mths and she is still in it she doesn't roll over during the night though so if she did & started trying to crawl around then I would change her to the cot

Thanks
    Reviews
    My brother sleeps in the baby's room on a single bed. My nephew wakes up through the night multiple times but is only wanting to feed once or twice so he is taken to his mum for a feed then my brother deals with him at other times. But because he outgrew the bassinet by 6w, and a cot couldn't fit in their room, this is the best option. He turns 1 soon, and will sleep in bed with them after that. They just had to rearrange their sleeping places to suit the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both of mine went straight to their own room in a bassinette with an Angelcare monitor. I also had a dedicated feeding chair in their room so I had to get up out of bed and sit up to feed-so wasn't tempted to lie in bed and feed a newborn as I would have fallen asleep with the baby, and the thought of that scares me. I will do the same this time. All the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We couldn't afford a bassinet, and I had a bad Caesar recovery, so ds slept in his pram next to our bed for the first two months ...

Then he went in with us when I was feeling better ...

You do what you've gotta do ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    The reason that they recommend having a newborn in the same room as the parents is that the parents' breathing is thought to help regulate the baby's breathing. All else being equal, a baby is twice as likely to die of SIDS in their own room as when room sharing. The risk is still very low, though, and small in comparison to sleeping on their tummies or having parents who smoke. I personally think the bassinet option would be safer, but it's a hard one to weigh up. Most newborn babies also wake very often to feed, so room sharing will probably make things easier for you. Sounds like you're very organised

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wrena For This Useful Post:

Lillynix  (29-04-2012),me+he&she=three  (29-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do what you feel comfortable with!

We had both our boys in a bassinet in our room for the first 3-4 mths then put them in the cot in their own room. We had a good quality baby monitor,we were totally comfortable for bubs to be in his own room from then on.