+ Reply to Thread
    Becks23 is offline thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default ex real estate

We are having trouble with our ex property manager, she is trying to blame us for a bang in the wall which was already there.

Ok so she has no problem with the cleanliness or carpets etc but there is a gash/ding whatever you want to call it in the wall.

she claims we never handed in our condition report, we did, hubby went to show her ours which clearly states the ding was there when we moved in, she was conventionality not in.

My question is, will this prove her wrong? I never had a problem with her until we decided to move.

And during the process of moving she asked to bring some people through which we allowed (I was not living there had not been for months), my husband told her he was in the process of moving and the house was messy at the time which she said was fine, yet she told me over the phone the state of the house was terrible and needed to be fixed and that she would not give us a ref. Um it was not an inspection how can she use that?

sorry just really need advice as have put applications in and am worried she will jeopardise our chances.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is there no onus on the real estate agency / property manager to ensure you handed your PCR in back at the beginning of your lease?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Is your copy of the inspection report signed by the agent? It is supposed to be signed by both agent and tenant and returned ( you keep copy) within 7 days, she should have chased it up if it wasn't , if it is signed you have no problem, if it's not it's still the agents fault for not chasing it up!

The "ding" more than likely would be classified as wear and tear anyway , how much is she trying to charge you to repair it? Sometimes the cost of tribunal is not worth it to the owner

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought they had to contact us if it we failed to return it, oh and the copy we have is the carbon copy, they do have the real one they are just claiming not to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    They do have to contact you, is your copy signed by them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes, but I signed it four days after them

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's fine! If they lost or didn't receive their copy it's their problem, you have a signed copy from the agent acknowledging the ding! No tribunal judge would rule in their favor, so don't be intimidated - just say we have our signed copy and that's all the tribunal would require

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Becks23  (29-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got a house