+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What to expect? (Maybe TMI)

I have read through some posts here and I am still trying to understand what I am experiencing. People are happy to talk about when they are pregnant, but miscarriage... Not one of my friends have experienced one, or if they have, they havent said.

I went to the OB on Thursday and expected to hear great news, but when he used his in room ultrasound machine, he questioned me about my dates... he could only see a gestational sac. I experienced some bright red bleeding after sex Wednesday morning, but only when I wiped and put it down to a sensitive cervix and on Thursday it was dark brown when I wiped. When I went to the GP, he said that was good as that was old blood.

Friday morning my Ob sent me for a Beta HCg and an ultrasound. They could only see a sac with an embryo inside externally measuring roughly 6w5d. They wanted to do an internal Ultrasound so they could check for a HB.

They didnt find a heartbeat and when it was over, I started bleeding bright red blood. Just when I wiped, but later that night I had a spot of blood on my undies.

Today I put a pad on and I have had more blood, it hasnt soaked the pad, but every time I wipe there is more.

I havent got out of bed the whole day. I dont know what to experience. I dont know if I want to experience anything.

I have been given time off work until Tuesday and I will have another Beta HCg blood check on Monday morning. My OB will have the results Tuesday morning.

I hate not knowing, what should I expect. Yesterday I was trying to maintain some level of hope, today I cant get out of bed in fear and disappointment.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm so so sorry to hear that love

I don't know that I'd be able to tell you what to expect, I think it's different for everyone. It could be all over by Tuesday, my m/c was like a heavy period with strong cramping. By the time i got an u/s (2 days after bleeding started) I was told there was almost nothing left in my womb and it would all just happen naturally.

huge hugs, look after yourself. Such sad sad news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm very sorry to read your what you are going through. So sad and heart breaking. Like fearless said, everyone is different. I started spotting on the Tuesday afternoon, the bleeding didn't really get much heavier till the cramps started and I miscarried early on the Friday morning, 3 days after the bleeding started. The bleeding then became like a period.

I'm more than happy to answer any questions you might have so please feel free to ask me anything. I went into without knowing anything ad would have appreciated knowing a little of what was ahead of me.

Take care of yourself. I hope your DP is there with you as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So sorry you're experiencing this. It's just the most devastating feelings. And not knowing what to expect and having to wait it out is even worse. I've had two losses... One dragged on for over a week with lots of HCG tests. After a week of spotting I had an awful day of bad period like pain, bled and passed clots. After that it was much lighter. I had a missed miscarriage the next time, no symptoms of anything being wrong and had a d&c. Everyone is different I think. No miscarriage is 'normal' as such. At least not from what I've read. All you can do is try and rest and take one moment at a time. It's so so hard. I wish I could do more to help you. Feel free to pm me if you need to talk or vent. My thoughts and prayers are with you. xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sorry that you are going through this. It frustrates me also that this is so seldom discussed when so many of us go through this, and it can be really hard.

I bled for over a month when I lost mine early this year. Well, theoretically I was initially spotting/bleeding fir a few weeks due to gestational haematomas and was told all was fine with baby, but then the bleeding became more like a period, with cramps and clots. Went for another scan to find bub was fine. (11 weeks or so). Things continued to get worse in the next few days, so had another scan and found bub was gone. I bled for another two weeks or so, again like a very heavy period with clots and heavy cramping initially, then easing off.

It's hard to know what to expect, but I would encourage you to be really gentle with yourself as your body does what it has to do. Make sure you have strong pain relief handy, a good book or DVDs, and anything else that you may find helpful to distract or relax you during this time.

Take care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Big hugs for you. It's such an awful thing to go through and it's not talked about enough.

Like others have said-it's different for everyone. I started spotting in the morning, had a scan later in the day and was told things weren't looking good. By the afternoon my bleeding was heavier-more like the start of my period.

That night I was in a lot of pain and couldn't believe the amount of blood coming out. Was a bit scary. Lots of clots. Nurofen and a heat pack helped.

The next day the bleeding was back to like a period and over the week got lighter and down to spotting. The pain lasted a few days.

I had a scan later in the week to make sure I had passed everything. And also some follow up blood tests.

So sorry for your loss. You will find great support here xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing your experience with me. I am feeling like I am able to understand more what is going on.

It got bad at 1am this morning. I had back pain pretty much all day yesterday, but at 1am I got the stronger abdomenal pain. I passed a clot. Then every 1/2 hour I had an overwhelming pain and passed more until 5am... 5am was the worse... I felt like my insides had been ripped out, but after that clot passed. I finally was able to get some sleep. My mum came over, and had rung the health direct line, and said I had to go to hospital.

I am rhesus negative and it took 5 hours to get the Anti D injection and take bloods.

My hcg levels are close to 5000. So that will take a lot to get them down. I am seeing my GP on Monday to see what she says and then after I have some more HCg levels taken tomorrow morning, I will contact the OB to see what he says.

I am afraid of surgery and opted not to go in for a D&C as my incompetent emergency dr took 4 attempts to do my Blood pressure manually, and then tried three times to take blood. I had no confidence in that hospital and will wait until I see my OB. I am not covered by PHI but will pay to make sure I have someone I can trust, he delivered my son, when I was in the top cover.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm really sorry to hear and agree with the other ladies in here... Everyone us different
    - I miscarried on good Friday, 6w exactly & I had an orgasm about 9am (which the dr said didn't do it) started as dark blood when wiping 20 mins after and continued for hours, I wore a panty liner & about 5/6pm started feeling like I was getting my period... At 7 I felt a warm gush like feeling, like my period had come but suddenly, pulled down my undies to see a lot if blood & clotting.......
    Went to hospital, changed into a pad after soaking about 3 liners..... When I would go to the toilet I'd see clotting coming out with the blood.
    I felt no pain until about 7am the next day, it was like severe period pain / cramping came on and off for two days but never lasted for long.
    It's a little painful / uncomfortable... For me it made the miscarriage seem so real :-( well I know it was real but hard to explain, it was just a horrible reminder what we had lost.....
    Bleeding lasted about 6-7 days (normally I would bleed for 4-5 days)
    I'm currently waiting for AF to return :-/

We are all here for support.... So so sorry you have go go through this xx

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....