+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 1st Tri Cramping - Normal?

Hi all,

I'm 10 weeks tomoro, and I'm having really AWFUL period-like cramps today - my lower back and middle back kills, my sides ache.. Just crampy, crampy, crampy! I don't remember having these cramps this early in my last pregnancy, so of course I'm working myself up into a state of worry, that something is wrong

The cramps are not unbearable, I usually have really bad cramps during my periods anyway, but I'm wishing I could pop some painkillers and go to bed!

Is anyone else experiencing this? Would reassure me heaps if I wasn't alone in this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my gosh, I was just googling the same thing!! I am 10 weeks, 2 days and have had cramping for the past 2 days! So comforting knowing I'm not the only one, I just hope it's normal! Everything I've read so far says that it's just stretching pains. I so hope it's not a bad sign!! I had cramping all the way up to about 6 weeks and then stopped, but it's been quite full on in the last couple of days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try not to stress! (I know it sounds impossible..) I had quite a bit of cramping/stretching pains all through my first trimester and am still getting some now at almost 16 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same here. I had cramping pretty much the entire first trimester. Some of them were pretty painful too. It's hard not to worry, but it's fairly normal. Congrats on your pregnancy xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had lots of cramping with DS1 until about half way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am just over 10 weeks and getting this weird cramps. Kind of like a few cm in from my feefee into my body - if that makes sense

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had cramping too.. I actually put a post on here about the same thing around the same time of pregnancy as you. I get bad cramps during my period and I was getting the exact same cramps, it worried me but they subsided and a lot girls on here reassured me it is normal. I also read in one of my books that is is normal too. I'm 16 weeks this week and have not had any cramps for a quiet a few weeks now, though if I do they are very faint.