+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default new to the Gladstone/Calliope area at the start of July 2012

Hi all, we will be new to the Gladstone (newer suburbs)/Calliope area at the start of July 2012, would love to meet mums and kids similar ages to my 2yr 3mth old daughter, and any playgroups, fun things to do and keep her busy, and me for a good ol' chat!! Love to hear from you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter is older 3 1/2, but I would love to meet you and make regular meets " coffee group" when we get up there in late Aug. That way I can start meeting people and not be so lonely

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fantastic, keep me posted as to when you arrive, we still don't have a moving date : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    3rabbits/ktsmum, how are you finding living in gladstone? We will be moving there from the sunshine coast soon -just interested to see what other people think of the place.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi blissful bub, been here 3 months now in the Boyne Island / Tannum Sands area and absolutely loving it, such a pretty place to live and everyone is so friendly. Playgroups everywhere, and lots of sporty things/activities for them to do as well. Rents and property pretty expensive, but groceries/fuel etc seem to be the same as home (Sunshine Coast too). Haven't looked back, made some really good friends already!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, hubbie, kids 9 & 11 & I are moving to Gladstone at the end of the year and am wondering about schools in the local area. I have never been to Gladstone but hubbie has a promotion to the area. Looking at living in Tannum Sands area due to access to beaches. Can anyone recommend areas to live. What activities are available in the area for the kids over the Christmas period.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Family move to Gladstone

Hi Ladies, my hubby is looking at taking a job in Gladstone and moving the family up there later in the year. Would love to hear from mums who already live or have made the move up there about how you find living there with a young family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you end up moving up? Or are you still on the way? Would love to hear how you transitioned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Hubbers. We are currently in the Moggill area of Brisbane but my husband has been applying for jobs around Curtis Island. We are waiting to hear if he is getting a job offer hopefully will know next week. If he doesn't get this one he will just keep applying as he has decided that's his next move. So I am starting to explore Gladstone area. We will probably be relocated and be provided accommodation for a period, maybe a year, so finding a house is not a big issue at this stage. We are really ready to move on from where we are now, and the idea of moving to Tannum Sands or Calliope excites me. I know the day to day for me won't change much as my whole day revolves around my kids who are 6 and 10, essentially from 6am to 9pm... So school, after school activities, helping at school or after school activities, dinner, groceries, housework all those things will remain the same for me just in a different location. I will say hello again next week after we hear if he gets this job. Fingers crossed. Kas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kas_chat View Post
    Hello Hubbers. We are currently in the Moggill area of Brisbane but my husband has been applying for jobs around Curtis Island. We are waiting to hear if he is getting a job offer hopefully will know next week. If he doesn't get this one he will just keep applying as he has decided that's his next move. So I am starting to explore Gladstone area. We will probably be relocated and be provided accommodation for a period, maybe a year, so finding a house is not a big issue at this stage. We are really ready to move on from where we are now, and the idea of moving to Tannum Sands or Calliope excites me. I know the day to day for me won't change much as my whole day revolves around my kids who are 6 and 10, essentially from 6am to 9pm... So school, after school activities, helping at school or after school activities, dinner, groceries, housework all those things will remain the same for me just in a different location. I will say hello again next week after we hear if he gets this job. Fingers crossed. Kas
    Did he get the job? We've lived here around 7 months now and I'm really enjoying it!