+ Reply to Thread

Default Trying to conceive after 5 years

I fell pregnant with my now 4 1/2 year old son by accident. He was a huge surprise. Now we are trying to conceive again but are having no luck we have been trying for 8 months. Is it possible there now fertility issues with either myself or my husband? I am only 25 and he is 29

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's possible, have you been to the doctors (and your dh) to get a work up done to make sure there's nothing simple like a hormone imbalance or similar? People will say it can take up to 12 months for a healthy couple of conceive but that's not the 'average' time. It's just a top end of the scale they give you so as not to worry people.

If you haven't been to the doctors yet, I'd go and just ask for blood work and the like to be done to make sure there's nothing causing you problems that could be easily solved.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

meljake  (29-04-2012)

Similar Threads

1. Trying to conceive after 5 years
    By meljake in forum Contraception issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14-03-2014, 19:51
  2. Trying to conceive baby number two and over 35 years old.
    By Luckyme1 in forum Conception issues & ttc
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 25-07-2012, 21:33