+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nope, if I was desperate i'd just get the essentials needed to get me through the weekend and do the big shop when your DP gets back. And if all else fails, bribe!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't flame you for it, but knowing my kids they would be in and out and that would annoy me more than having them help with the groceries lol.
    I probably would leave it as a bribe for the end of the shopping. Make your list so you get everything you need without having to concentrate (I always miss things when I take my 3 too). A list means you get it all, do they like helping? That keeps mine occupied. Once the shopping is done let them have a play while you sit down and recover =D.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I wouldn't do it.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by halloweendee View Post
    maybe the 7yo but not the 5yo.....and leaving the 7yo in to look after his little brother in a playground (where accidents happen all the time) is a big ask. if anything happened, he would feel so guilty.
    This I wouldn't do it.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    No I wouldn't. And I wouldn't compare it to a school playground which is supervised by teachers in an enclosed safer environment I'd like to think. Anyone could grab a child and the kid could scream and people probably wouldn't think twice just a kid that doesn't want to stop playing
    Every school I've ever seen is not enclosed securely, and you're kidding yourself if you think your child is 'supervised' at playtime. There's 1 or 2 teachers on yard duty for the whole school. Anything that could happen at a playground, could happen at a school.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (28-04-2012),Me&MrMagoo  (28-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My child goes to a waldorf school where they are secure and in an enclosed yard until they are seven, then they are watched by more than one or two teachers during lunch.

I would not leave her unsupervised in a public playground. Never. Take them shopping with you and deal with it.

Would you forgive yourself if one of them broke an arm while you were shopping and in that hurt and panic and confusion no one could find the mother?

Sorry but I think they're too young.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, sorry!!

Would not compare it to a school playground!!!!

This playground is in public where any Tom, **** or Harry could come and take your kid or other kids get into altercation.

Why not try make it a fun experience for the kids, get them to help write the list and draw pictures of the things you need and then get them to take turns getting them if the shelf etc

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JaneDoe For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (28-04-2012),~ElectricPink~  (28-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Every school I've ever seen is not enclosed securely, and you're kidding yourself if you think your child is 'supervised' at playtime. There's 1 or 2 teachers on yard duty for the whole school. Anything that could happen at a playground, could happen at a school.

Well the school I went to (and where I'm sending my kids) the students were constantly supervised by copious amounts of teachers and the entire campus was secure and have security as well.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    Well the school I went to (and where I'm sending my kids) the students were constantly supervised by copious amounts of teachers and the entire campus was secure and have security as well.
    Wow sounds like big brother. Poor kids. What age do you learn to be self sufficient in such an environment?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Rittzy  (30-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    No, I wouldn't. Not because I would be worried about them hurting themselves, it's just a playground but because I would be worried about who else was in there and coming and going....and also because it might sound weird but I am SO big on taking my kids shopping with me, I think it's important they learn how to act in all situations I definitely wouldn't flame you for it though and at the end of the day, if you can see them, chances are there wouldn't be a worry in the world

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (28-04-2012)