+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Child Care Rebate and studying

Hi all

I'm commencing off campus study at TAFE next semester and planning on doing 4 units.

What I'm wanting to know is whether this would equal the required 15 hrs per week needed to be eligible for Child Care Rebate?

I'm also a casual working in public libraries and am going to make myself available to work Wednesdays and Saturday mornings, although I'm not relying on this as regular income/working hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Enquire about Jet assistance (jobs education and trainning) im ptetty sure this entitles parents who study to pay 10c per hr of day care needed in order for them to study ?
    Its Worth asking about! Call family assist
    Fingers crossed
    Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    What I'm wanting to know is whether this would equal the required 15 hrs per week needed to be eligible for Child Care Rebate?
    Is it the equviliant of FT study? The Tafe or course provider you are studying through should have indicated how many hours a week of study is required.
    If they have stated 15 or more you should have no issue being eligible for CCR and perhaps even JET as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you work/study/train for less than 15 hrs per week you are entitled to up to 25 hrs of Child care benefit (CCB), if you only study for an hr a week you are still entitled to the Child care rebate (CCR).