alcohol
    drugs
    dangerous sports.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kitty litter pick-ups.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spa baths or really hot bathes oh and saunas. Heating your body can be dangerous apparently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with the no housework, that is a definite no no. Well. That's my story and im sticking to it!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nat1341 For This Useful Post:

missie_mackxxxx  (28-04-2012)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't really have too many definite no-nos that aren't already no-nos in my everyday life. I don't smoke or take illegal drugs anyway, I don't do dangerous sports or engage in any risky behaviour that I can think of.

I do cut out raw fish (which is a PITA because I crave sushi terribly when I'm pregnant), most deli meats, pre-prepared salads, and try to avoid too many chemicals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiedoll View Post
    Really a lot of it is just common sense stuff , and its all only for a relatively short time (I know for a fact that I'm going to gorge myself silly on forbidden food once I'm out of the hospital ).
    You wait til you're OUT of hospital? I had my mum and DH sneak in all the bad food to me literally as soon as bubs was out lol. After labour I was starving, and hospital food of course being (usually) quite crap... They were bringing me ham, cheese, salami etc platters, soft-serve sundaes and chicken rolls! Don't panic... that was between 2 different births, not all at once. And the best part? They tasted soooo much better since I hadn't had them for nearly 9 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    plus horror movies. I believe that what I see, the baby sees/experiences. Not to mention the effect of the stress hormone (cortisol) on a bub. Just not worth it IMO
    Oops! 39 weeks and i just watched we need to talk about Kevin . Hope he doesn't copy cat :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylent View Post
    You wait til you're OUT of hospital? I had my mum and DH sneak in all the bad food to me literally as soon as bubs was out lol. After labour I was starving, and hospital food of course being (usually) quite crap... They were bringing me ham, cheese, salami etc platters, soft-serve sundaes and chicken rolls! Don't panic... that was between 2 different births, not all at once. And the best part? They tasted soooo much better since I hadn't had them for nearly 9 months.

All that food sounds absolutely divine I might have to organise a plate for mum to bring me (I'm staying with her a week before the Baby is due anyway, it'll give us something to do ).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When I had DD my best mates came in that day (late afternoon) with fresh sashimi/sushi, some double cream brie and a bottle of champers. They also brought me in some perfume and moisuturizing lotion to make me feel better.

god bless good friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was pretty easy going with both of my pregnancies,

i don't smoke or do drugs so i didn't have to worry about that. im not a drinker either so no worry there.

And i didnt really cut out any food at all.

If i craved it i ate it.. i dont eat soft cheese anyway either or soft serves.

I ate hungry jacks whoppers for the first 5 months of my first,
    and sushi, but not the end of the day stuff.

i still cleaned and stuff. not to extremes but yeah.