+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default So confused about meds :(

So i have just had my 2nd EPU. Last IVF cycle i got a BFP, but it was a chemical. Last cycle i was told to take crinone twice a day and estrogen 2 mg twice a day. Well this cycle i'm told to take crinone at night as well as estrogen at night, so esentially half the dose with no apparent reason, other than it is policy. Why the difference? What protocol are you on post EPU/ET?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Piggle, sorry I haven't been told to use Estrogen after an EPU but my first cycle I was on the crinone and the second cycle I was on progesterone pessaries. The crinone is concentrated, slow release and is the equivalent of progesterone pessaries x 3. Some clinics use no extra supplementation believing that if a pregnancy is viable it will produce enough of its own progesterone. I think most of us want to err on the side of caution and ensure that any pregnancy has the best option to stick so take the supplements. Not sure why your clinic changed your dosage, but hope this helps.

Good luck.

Wish

Similar Threads

1. What should I expect from all the meds?
    By Fortitude in forum IVF
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 22-05-2012, 12:38
  2. Did you increase your Meds?
    By smootch in forum Prenatal depression
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-04-2012, 22:41