+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 5 month old increasing feeds

My 5 month old has really increased her feeds the last 2/3 weeks. Through the day and the night. Is this a common thing? Or maybe just a growth thing. Not really fussed about it just curious. She's also just started feeding to sleep whereas she's always preferred the dummy due to my fast letdown.

Baby wearing, co-sleeping, booby feeding mummy to one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The feeding to sleep bit is prolly cos your supply has settled down. Also there is a huge emotional and physical change in bubs at this age. Separation anxiety can kick in too. Your baby is probably comfort feeding and building your supply up for the next spurt.

Rest up and eat up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine did the same at about the same age. It settled down so I reckon it was a growth spurt that lasted about 2 weeks. It does pass!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, for about two weeks he picked up at least one extra feed per 24hr period. Has just settled down again this week. I thing it was a combination of a growth spurt & his first 2 teeth popping through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS did the same at around the same age Etienne. I think also by the five month mark I was getting more in tune to him as to when and how often he wanted to feed. Sounds weird but I think we both increased his feeds to meet his more demanding needs. As Izzys Mummy said, there is a huge change at this age and solids are also just around the corner.

Enjoy it, I'm jealous! (Feeling very nostalgic this month as DS is one is two weeks! )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. I'm glad she feeds to sleep now because she was getting heavy to be walked around in my arms lol

At first her day feeds increased, I'd say by about 3 feeds then the night feeds. But for two months she's been up ALL night every night anyway the only difference is now I'm feeding her back to sleep, sometimes it works and other times she just rolls around the bed all night. I'm sure it's some kind of developmental thing though because she's learning things everyday and it becoming an quite emotional little being

Baby wearing, co-sleeping, booby feeding mummy to one