+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Which car is better for a family of 6

Hi I just found out I'm almost 9weeks preg with no 4.... So we need a bigger car for when baby is born. I was wondering what car ppl have for their family of 6 or more. Will be getting a 2nd hand car so will be cheaper.

Tyia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't personally have one but a good friend of mine has 4 children and swears by her Ford Territory.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Tarago or Mazda CX9. I have the Mazda and could easily fit 4 in. And it's awesome to drive! Love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a Chrysler Grand Voyager and would highly recommend them.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We have a Kia Rondo 7. We were going to get a Territory but the Rondo is actually more spacious inside, especially in the very back seats as the middle seats can move forward to allow for more leg space. It's a brilliant car on fuel, again we found it better the the territory. Also it's not as big as territory- much shorter front end and much easier to maneuver in small car parks etc. it's not as much of a suv/4 wheel drive/mini van looking car. The other thig we like is the very back seats are able to be alternated- they don't both have to be up. We have the 3 baby seats/booster seat in the middle seats and one at the back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    nnnnn
    Last edited by Thunderstorm; 07-05-2012 at 17:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love our kia carnival grand.

We are only a family of 5, but all 3 little ones are in car seats, plus this leaves room for friends or family, loads of storage space in the back..can rearrange seats.
    We also invested in the option of power sliding doors - best thing ever!

bambino is offline Autistic Today, My Genius Tomorrow
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't have a large family, but I have been in a Tarago and think they're great.
    Honda Odyssey also comes to mind.
    My friend has a Ford Territory and hates it. She says it's a fuel guzzler, and there's no room in the cargo area for a pram, which is odd considering they were designed by women, for women!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rago!!!! Lol that's Tarago!! We are a family of 5 and we bought ours second hand about 2 months ago. Love love love it! Can not go past the sliding doors!!! They're seriously just the best for getting kids in and out and no fear of hitting other cars!!! My three are all in carseats and it was getting ridiculous with them all together in our commodore. We got a 2006 model

Thanks
    Reviews
    We recently got a 7 seater Kia carnival for $12000.
    We love it. We went from a commodore to this as we are expecting number 4 in September and love the extra space.
    My recommendation is to make sure you have enough anchor bolts and boot space before buying. We needed 4 anchor bolts and the Kia fits 4 seats perfectly with plenty of room in the boot for our Phil and teds pram :-)