+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was measuring 7cms ahead from about your time frame on. My OB doesn't induce and he said my baby wasn't going to fit out naturally. A c-section was my only option. DD was born 38w4d which is the date my OB chose. She was born 8'2 right on what was being measured. I agree with you OP the thought of a c-section terrified me but I had to trust my OB. Good luck with your choice and enjoy your bundle

Thanks
    Reviews
    My story is a mirror of urs! At 29w I measured to 34w and I hav had multiple growth scans since. I've got excessive fluid and a big bub! At my 36w scan he measured 6pd 9 n at 38w he measured 8pd 13. I'm now 5d short of 40w n hav another scan on wed. The OB has said I CAN do a vb if I REALLY want to however the risks to bubs is more severe...u don't want the heart to stress n u don't want bubs in distress coz he can't get out properly. I'm TERRIFIED of a csection...n wanted a natural birth esp as this is my first bubs...but u need to think wats best for u and bubs as one. After thurs at my appt I'll know wen I'm having my csection...they didn't want to bring him on early if they could avoid it.

I'd b more than happy to tell u how it all goes if ud like? but I totally get the horror of being told ur best not to hav a VB.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Estimates were spot on with both my boys. Bubs growth was monitored closely during my second pregnancy after a long and complicated labour and birth with ds1. I was enduced 2 weeks early with ds2 due to his size. I too was not in favor of a cs and happy I was able to avoid one both times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasssssy View Post
    My story is a mirror of urs! At 29w I measured to 34w and I hav had multiple growth scans since. I've got excessive fluid and a big bub! At my 36w scan he measured 6pd 9 n at 38w he measured 8pd 13. I'm now 5d short of 40w n hav another scan on wed. The OB has said I CAN do a vb if I REALLY want to however the risks to bubs is more severe...u don't want the heart to stress n u don't want bubs in distress coz he can't get out properly. I'm TERRIFIED of a csection...n wanted a natural birth esp as this is my first bubs...but u need to think wats best for u and bubs as one. After thurs at my appt I'll know wen I'm having my csection...they didn't want to bring him on early if they could avoid it.

I'd b more than happy to tell u how it all goes if ud like? but I totally get the horror of being told ur best not to hav a VB.
    Thank for all the stories, and I'd love to know how you go! Good luck, I hope It goes how you want!

Sent from my Racer using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by spitthedummy View Post
    Thank for all the stories, and I'd love to know how you go! Good luck, I hope It goes how you want!

Sent from my Racer using BubHub
    Hehe I had to go looking for this thread
    Jaxon Donald was born on the 11/5 weighing 4040 via my csection.
    Honestly I was completely terrified when I got to the operating room... Had the spinal n laid down and as soon as the curtains went up I went into panic mode!!!! Mass anxiety attack to the extent I was sick...BUT the guys in the room were amazing! They give u drugs to calm u down or help ur Bp if u need it and within a min I was totally fine. U lay there with ur arms out either side and someone tells u what they r doing...all u feel is that u know someone's hands are on ur tummy and it's like standing in a crowded bus n ur being jostled as it moves... Then all of a sudden u hear this tiny cry and it's like OMG ur kidding he's already here!!! And then he's taken for an PBS check n back with u both. Then ur just waiting for them to finish n stitch u up...probably the worst part is this waiting to b done n to get to recovery.
    Recovery the OB will come tell u how it went and then u'll b with ur new family!!!
    I had lost 1200ml of blood (normal is about 500) due to an artery that they had sum issues with...BUT nothing complicated and no transfusions..just sum vit c tabs and iron tabs n I'm good to go

The afterwards...well I'm on day 9 now n I'm tender where the incision line is...but I can survive without pain killers they just help ease discomfort (I'm only on panadol n Nurofen) but do ur best to get outta bed the next morning...honestly u'll not feel worse pain than that first initial attempt to get up (burns like a mofo) but the more movement u do the better u'll feel n quicker ull recover!

All in all it was a surreal experience and NOTHING to b scared of... They told me I could do a VBAC for my next one if I wanted but I think I'd opt for another c!
    Good luck Hun I hope it all goes well! (oh n my estimated >10pound bubs was 8pd 15 so they aren't always accurate )