+ Reply to Thread
    futureherder is offline Child led parent here...save me :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Quiting smoking before trying??

What is a safe period after quitting smoking to start trying for a baby? Is there any official period or can you just quit smoking and start trying straight away??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I don't know the answer, but kudos to you for quitting before trying! Best of luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MoonMoon For This Useful Post:

futureherder  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't quit before trying only because i expected it to take a while to conceive since my DP had a vasectomy reversal but to our suprise i got pregnant in the first month and the day i got my BFP i quit! I found it easy as i was just thinking of my baby and didn't want to harm it, my DP even kept smoking and i did go through tough stages when i felt the urge that was after my morning sickness past but i just stayed strong and now my DS is 21months and im still smoke free, goodluck!!!

futureherder is offline Child led parent here...save me :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. Def want to quit before trying. I quit 6 months before trying with DD so feel really guilty about only quiting a month before trying this time. Okay will looks like I will be quiting in June...hoorah!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi i quit 2 weeks ago but have been ttc since jan( i know tsktsk) but i was going to when i got bfp. i think as long as ure not smoking during preg the baby is fine. i also quit 1 month before bfp with no1 as well. good luck in quitting i have everything crossed for u as i know how hard it is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh I was reading a poster in the doctors office this morning that went through the improvements to your health after quitting smoking in time frames. It said "9 months after quitting, risk of pregnancy complications and stillbirth is the same as for someone who has never smoked".

I quit when I found out I was pregnant with DS but we weren't exactly trying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I would also like go know the answer. Started having a few cigarettes a say after ectopic sand left tube removal and got hooked. I am smoking around 7 a day. I have found conflicting advice. Can you girls check out this website and tell me what you think? http://www.babycenter.com/404_im-pre...y-b_1405526.bc

Thanks girls

Kate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I smoked through both my previous pregnancies. My first I cut down to 5 a day on the advise on my doctor- she advised me to not quit completely but cut down as much as I can. I know many women who have been told the same. However this time (my third) I became very ill at 10 weeks and as a result stopped smoking. My doctor told me that as a PP has mentioned, by the end of the pregnancy my risk has dropped to that of someone who never smoked.