+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnancy pressure/ pain on pubic bone...

Hi ladies,

Just wondering if any of you are experiencing the same...

I am 26weeks pregnant with no 3..the past 2 days I have had pain/pressure in my cervix area- not tha actual cervix, just like on the pubic bone. I had it with my last pregnancy but this time it's much earlier (last time I didnt notice it until I was about 32 weeks) I have been standing up alot lately, I stood up and did 3 hours of ironing 2 nights ago and have also been at work the past few days (im a prim school teacher) I really noticed when I got home from work yesterday- I just sat on the lounge and was so sore.

My nurse friend assures me it's just my body stretching and baby pushing down. Plus bub moves alot, it was breech last week and is now head down. are any of you experiencing the same?

Thanks
    Reviews
    uhhhm anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm only 18 weeks with my third, but I remember that feeling with DD.

Someone's riding low eh?

It sucks and can hurt, but not a great deal you can do about it. Maybe take a bath to relieve the pressure?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes. Google SPD pain and you'll have your answer. I see an Osteopath weekly and have a support belt to wear to keep everything "together". It's not much fun and I find it painful to walk - hoping I don't end up on crutches.

Right now walking feels like I am being stabbed in the pubic bone with a hot knife!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Von Zipper For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (07-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im 29+3 but have had this pain since about 25 weeks.

I feels achy and like pressure when you stand too long?

yeh I get that, Had it with all 3. I'm pretty sure its not any kind of bad "warning sign" though, just uncomfortable

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 24 weeks and have had it for a little while I carry very low it's nothing to worry about its just pressure.

futureherder is offline Child led parent here...save me :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD was head down very early and I felt this pain early too...it moved to the cervix at about 32 weeks. Still I was not dilated. If you are worried though go get it checked out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been getting this for a few weeks now (I'm 28 weeks at the moment). Today it was sooo bad I could barely walk, I was actually cringing the whole time. I find it worse when I'm busting for the dunny, or when I've been sitting down too long.

I (like you) had it with my first, but it started later. I haven't found anything that helps.

Thinking of you (and sympathising with you)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep- SPD (syphilis pubis dysfunction???) aka pelvic instability, pelvic girdle pain. Google it and see if the symptoms fit your description. I had it very mild in my second and third pregnancies- late in the pregnancy. In my third I lost my temper at the stupid washing machine and kicked it, and ended up on crutches.

Ive just started feeling it again This preg (27 weeks) so am being very careful not to aggravate it. I find it helps to get dressed sitting in the edge of the bed (rather than standing on one leg as you put pants, boots on etc, sleep with a pillow between the knees. I álso see an Osteo regularly ànd am starting acupuncture again soon to keep on top of it. I find this helps heaps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My pain started at 14 weeks. The OB advised me to get a pregnancy belt which adjusts to the tummy size and sits under the belly. It helps to lift up and take the pressure off the pubic area. It doesn't take the pain away completely, nor is it the most comfortable thing to wear, but I did notice a difference.

However, if you feel like somethings not right, trust your instincts and get it checked.