+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default When did you stop showering with your child?

What age was your child when you stopped showering with them? Gender differences?

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I still shower with my youngest two, they are 4 and 5. DS was about the same age and made his own decision to have his own shower (I think he was closer to 6) but would still jump in the shower with DH until he was about 9. So I think when you or child become uncomfortable with it then it's time to rejig the bathroom arrangements.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

LivinOnAPrayer  (27-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks missie_mack, DD is 5 almost 6 and she still showers with me sometimes. It's her choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd has started wanting more privacy in the shower in the last couple of months. She is 8. Sometimes she will jump in with me, but not often anymore. It's not like a set age, it has been a natural progression.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I still jump in with my mum and I'm nearly 28, the girls in our family are pretty comfortable with being nude haha, that being said the shower is off limits when my dad is in there, thank god lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have wondered this also as my DD is 3 and we bath together on occassion, she has just started asking "what's that" and although i am honest and want to be as open with my daughter as possible I wonder whether now is the time to stop. She doesn't shower or bath with her dad so that has never been an issue. She does however bath with her male cousins and knows the differnce between girls and boys. Should i be mindful of this and maybe bath her by herself?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LilMuffin View Post
    I have wondered this also as my DD is 3 and we bath together on occassion, she has just started asking "what's that" and although i am honest and want to be as open with my daughter as possible I wonder whether now is the time to stop. She doesn't shower or bath with her dad so that has never been an issue. She does however bath with her male cousins and knows the differnce between girls and boys. Should i be mindful of this and maybe bath her by herself?
    Her body is hers for life,be open, honest, and keep it as natural as possible. It's not a reason to stop. I stopped bathing with my older brother when I was 8 and he was 10, he wanted bath time privacy so it ended there. It is slowly ending with my dd as she wants more privacy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I kicked mine out when they were old enough to stand safely supervised on their own in the shower. Normally somewhere around 2-3. Not because of issues with them seeing anything or being uncomfortable about it... I just like my showers by myself and they are big room hogs and kept pushing me into the cold lol. If we had a bath in this house, it might be different. I'd kill for a nice, warm, relaxing bath right now.

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our 6 and 4yo still shower with either of us. It will stop when they want it to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dh and I had this convo the other night! He was in the shower with dd (1.5) and she reached up and grabbed his you know what while he was washing shampoo out of his hair! Haha he sure let out a scream! She's too young to go into too much of an explanation on body parts but we just told her 'that's daddy's!!' We both agreed that when she becomes uncomfortable with it, that's the time to stop! I still go talk to my mum while she's in the shower and I'm 28!