User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Educate me on centre link bennifits

I'm kind of new to it all, I have only received the PPL when DS was born last year.

I did an online calculator last night and from the details I've provided we should be receiving $190 per fortnight , I kind of remember when we were doing the PPL paper work we opted to get any money for FTB at the end of the financial year (baby brain)

So my questions are

1) do centre link pay us one we do our tax return at the end of the financial year?
    2) do we have to do paperwork to receive it?

Then is there something else we could be claiming?

I'm a SAHM and DH earns $85k plus $15k fringe benefits
    We have our DS together but DH also has my DSD as a dependent, we haven't gone down the path of splitting the FTB for DSD basically because we never thought we could and I'm kind of reluctant to change it because we don't want to cause any issues.
    I've heard that you can also receive a yearly one off payment per child of around $800 is that right?

There is so much I don't know about and we currently receive nothing, can anyone help?

TIA
    Me 32 & DH 42
    DSD 12
    DS 9mths
    June 11th 2010
    Starting ttcing in the new year can't wait

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Whatever money centrelink owes you will be paid once you do your tax return.

Bump for other questions

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub
    i cross all bridges with joy and ease.
    the "old" unfolds into wonderful new experiences.
    my life gets better all the time

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Cluky79  (05-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think it's automatic that you get paid when you do your tax return. My understanding is that you need to claim it through centrelink. It used to be through the tax office and that's the way we've done it in the past. Then for a couple of years we didn't quite qualify and it was during that time that centrelink took over. I'm currently going through the process of claiming the childcare benefit/rebate for the 09/10 financial year which is a difficult process with lots of questions.

~* ME + DH *~

~* DS - 7 DD - 2.5 *~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:

Cluky79  (05-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry guys my DS has been quite bad with his teething the poor bugger. I just wanted to send a thank you to you both for replying I'm also getting conflicting stories from friends to some say I have to apply some say I will get it automatically. I might get centre link a call. Thanks again
    Me 32 & DH 42
    DSD 12
    DS 9mths
    June 11th 2010
    Starting ttcing in the new year can't wait

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You have to apply, you would of got all the paperwork from the hospital when he was born. Then after you dh does his tax for the year his figures get sent to Centrelink where they figure out how much they owe you and then pay you the lump sum payment whatever it is.
    [INDENT]
    ME KRISTY DH SCOTT

LITTLE MAN LUKE 7 29/06/05
    HEART KID JAKE 4 12/05/08
    BABY BOY ZAC 1 12/05/11

8. The Following User Says Thank You to our4boys For This Useful Post:

Cluky79  (06-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister opted to get FTB at the end of the financial year. She filled in all the forms when her DD was born but opted to get it annually. So yeah, you do need to apply but just the once just like if you get it fortnightly you apply once.

You just do your tax or your DH does and either advise the Tax Dept of a nil return or whatever it's called or advise centrelink that you don't need to do one. Then when they get the info they pay it.

Then there is the FTB supplements paid annually. FTB Part A is around $720 per child (roughly) and Part B is around $350 per family (again roughly) That will be included with the FTB.
    DD1: 13yrs
    DD2 + DD3: 9yrs